NV26 Airport out of place

I was doing an approach into LAS, then out the window I spotted this airport that looks like it’s in the middle of a road/residential area.

Hopefully this can be fixed. Thanks

3 Likes

it could be from auto generated airports

these airports usually not edited by IFAET Team

3 Likes

Hey, @DarkspoulYT!

Thank you for the report.

It appears that this airport is permanently closed in real life as it does not come up in the FAA ADIP.

Additionally, the [X] before the airport’s name in Infinite Flight denotes that it is closed.

IMG_9D5BCCE6ACAA-1

Unfortunately, the former way of airport editing has been suspended in favor of a new, Infinite Flight-developed system. As a result, I am unfamiliar with the procedure for removing closed fields. Consequently, someone who can direct this to the right person will hopefully stop by.

Thanks again for the report. I hope you had a nice landing! 🛬

4 Likes

Thanks for the information!!! My landing wasn’t the greatest, I flipped over but it’s fine lol.

3 Likes

Actually its a closed GA dedicated airport it was only half built irl so the editor might have added it but also it shows an X which denotes that the airport has been closed irl as well as in the simulator so only person close to the editors can help , u could also post this at “features” and u can wait and see if any editor stops by am sure he will resolve the issue.

1 Like

Perhaps, but the location in which it was at appears to be a technical academy now.

This is one of many unedited airports in Infinite Flight, so the auto-generated file had added the [X].

Regardless, it’s a closed airport, so it should likely be removed at some point.

2 Likes

I totally agree with ur points.

1 Like

Talking about this, Kai Tak has that. Does that mean it is closed?

2 Likes

[X] generally is considered a closed airport, yes

Kai Tak, Chicago Meigs, Berlin Tempelhof and Tegel are considered the (main) Heritage airports in Infinite Flight. It’s been agreed as a rule for many years to keep these in for the history they have and the potential offers they give to simmers and older gen aircraft in app.

2 Likes

Oh, okay. That is interesting.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.