NSW RFS Beechcraft King Air "Firescan"

Used by the Australian Government for mapping, monitoring and detecting bushfires in Australia (the Sydney region). Is part of the firefighting fleet in New South Wales. Has an inbuilt camera hatch used for spotting fires. “It is on a full-time and on call basis in the role of supporting ground-based firefighting efforts, scouting fires, and spotting new fires.” The aircraft has also been deployed in flood emergencies to assist with rescue operations.

22 Likes

SNW-SSY was my standard beloved route whenever I wanted to experience the beautiful waters of if during sunset …quite a military shrud

2 Likes

So perfect!

2 Likes

Did they use this today?

2 Likes

I’ve always been a big fan of the King Air, would make a nice addition to FS. I used to have an R/C version.

2 Likes

Looks great.

2 Likes

This would look great flying around the Socal region! Plenty of fires out there.

2 Likes

I’ve flown onboard this plane for my aerial firefighter course. Also done a mapping flight in it. So naturally i would like this

2 Likes

I didn’t see it out today. This one usually isn’t telivised unfortunately.

1 Like

That’s great! And it’s nice to see that so many Beechcraft King Airs are in operation here.

2 Likes

I have to agree with you there mate

2 Likes

Out of all of the aircraft requests, I’d actually like to see this one and fly it.

1 Like

I saw this on the tracker today around Newcastle! Lots of bushfires up there.

Cessnock at the moment. Got overpassed by it this morning at the train station

1 Like

Here’s a screenshot of my finding early this afternoon