NSW Police Force Cessna 208

Yes, the Police do operate Cessna 208s!

37 Likes

I’ve always thought police owning airplanes is extremely inefficient. They would only be able to land on runways, no where else, etc. I guess they’re more for scouting purposes?

12 Likes

Yes, I’m guessing that too (they also have the Cessna 206). Otherwise they operate the AS350 family helicopters.

2 Likes

They’re used for finding lost people and criminals, so yes.

3 Likes

Amazing livery!

1 Like

there is no thiefs in IF,i’m kidding, Looks awesome.

4 Likes

Maybe we could use this to crack down on all those “speeders” in our airspaces 😏

8 Likes

Just strengthen the airframe and attach a Concorde engine. Solved!

4 Likes

They are used for transport too sometimes. Transporting criminals from location to location or from remote village to prison.

2 Likes

Mmm yes. Or transporting families involved in crime. I guess they could land on roads.

There’s a stretch of road between Madison and Milwaukee that gets patrolled by police in planes. They use the black and white stripes on the ground to gauge your speed and radio ahead.

I know from experience…

3 Likes

That aircraft is mostly just used for highway speed enforcement. Drive the freeway from
Sydney to Goulburn and you’ll notice sections where there is big white lines across the lanes (perpendicular to the direction of travel)… they’re distance markers, the aircraft follows along and records the distance/time to ascertain the speed of vehicles, records it on video, records the registration plate and you get sent an infringement in the mail!

They are then also used for police logistical purposes, looking for marijuana plantations etc.

They aren’t used to transport prisoners. A private charter company is used for that, with police and the criminals (handcuffed) on board.

6 Likes

They should add the PC-12 that Northern Territory Police Force and Western Australia Police Service use. Used for deployment of police members to locations and SAR.

1 Like

That is really sneaky - I thought the British police were bad enough using helicopters.

2 Likes

Where I live, the state police use planes for the exact same thing. There are white lines on the shoulders of the highways.

2 Likes

In California they are used as speed radars, and also as spotters for wreckles driving

1 Like