Notifications

Is there any type of way I can set notifications for the announcements? I know this is on safari for my phone but is there a way I can do it or some sort of app?

You may set the category to ‘watching’.

2 Likes

Ok will it notify me if I’m out of the app or no

I don’t believe Discourse can send notifications directly to your device.

2 Likes

Oh ok thx.

It emails you.

2 Likes

Thank you all

It will notify you in app. If you want to receive a notification for a new topic only, you may set the category to ‘watching first post’

1 Like

Yes, I know that. The OP is talking about notifications that pop up on your screen like the image below.

Funny how things happen sometimes, huh?

1 Like

The #announcements category is set up with an automatic notification. When a new topic is created in #announcements it should send it to your email and show as a notification in the community. If you have the IFC app (and not just a browser) it may send a push notification to your device.

You need to make sure you have a valid email address set in your profile obviously.

4 Likes

That’s not correct. I get notifications directly from discourse.

If you use a browser, you should be able to activate the notifications of your browser in your settings. Now you just need to enable notifications in your IFC settings

1 Like

You could download the discourse app, it notifies me for pinned topics and replies, its very adjustable aswell.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.