NOTAM for NZQN?

Is it possible to put a NOTAM for NZQN as the airport requires a difficult approach and is only able to accept aircraft as the likes of A321 and 737 sized aircraft at the most how ever I noticed yesterday a lot of people where flying 787-9s and MD 11s into the small airport so would it be possible to get a NOTAM above the airport?

These people are not on the community however if you feel like I should remove the photos because they call out peoples user names

1 Like

Same problem at Skiatos LGSK, I had a suprising 25tks cosswind when arrived

1 Like

By implementing this, people are going to complain about putting TFRs on almost every class Charlie. We enforce size restrictions when we control depending on the airport although some controllers allow bigger aircraft than others at some airports. Controllers though should make sure the aircraft is suitable for those aircraft. If they deem they are we accept them despite them not getting that kind of aircraft irl.

Then why does EGLC and KASE have a NOTAM?

2 Likes

Because those airports are bigger hotspots. EGLC neighbors EGLL for example one of Infinite Flight’s most popular airports on live and is an iconic airport in real life which gives it more attention.

1 Like

I agree with EGLC but KASE hmm. NZQN is kind of a hotspot with a few aircarft there everyday. Everytime I am at the airport and no ATC there is a b787 or heavy aircraft there

3 Likes

I wouldn’t call VNLK a big hotspot. It would be nice to have a TFR set in place for NZQN as it is an iconic approach and location that can’t accomodate anything larger than A321s/737-900s.

3 Likes

It’s an iconic airport. One of the worlds best known airports for being dangerous. Of course it’s a hotspot for people who want a challenging approach. When you suggest a challenging approach to someone, VNLK is probably an airport that crosses your mind most likely because of how popular and famous it is for it’s challenging approach. :)

2 Likes

Yes. Same applies with NZQN, so a TFR wouldn’t be a massive problem to implement.

3 Likes

Who doesn’t like the iconic NZQN approach

I don’t dislike the idea at all, it’s just that when people request for airports to have TFRs to it, it opens a whole road of people asking for TFRs at small airports.

NOTAMs and/or TFRs are placed over airports that are generally problematic among users. VNLK, KASE, KEGE, and others have certain size restrictions for specific reasons as we look to mirror traffic sizes that you’d find in the real world. These are typically hotspots on the servers for various reasons.

That said, if staff sees a desire to add a NOTAM or TFR over NZQN, they will but as things stand right now, there’s not enough information to warrant one. Hope that clarifies what you’re seeking! 🙂

6 Likes