We controllers really work hard to give u the best possible service. I was doing 2.5 hours Kuala Lumpur and Singapore approach today and I encountered some serious issues.
- Please don’t be stringent with your flight plan,because it doesn’t apply during heavy traffic and in the presence of an approach controller.
- Being well aware of the fact that some are overspeeding, it is your responsibility to slow down and help the approach controller to sequence u carefully in. Regarding others who overspeed, please don’t do that. IF regions aren’t that vast that u can fly 800+ GS for a 170 nm flight. Help the controllers instead of giving them pain. Besides,not all of us are real life controllers. Give us a moment to design your approach. Be patient,the frequency maybe busy. If ur overspeeding despite having being told to reduce speed,that means ur defying the controller,implying u maybe ghosted to maintain an organised airspace.
- If you are vectored out of the airspace or in the opp direction of your destination,then don’t think that the controller is a fool. Think he is doing it for sequencing and to make space,or because ur too high and hence u should expedite your descent.
- Most of them do follow instructions but it takes 35/40 mins for the mess to clear up. We do our best. So instead of bombarding us with the same message please help us with reducing speed in a busy airspace and maintain space and visual with your nearest aircraft.
- While approaching your destination,when the approach controller asks intentions, don’t be silent and keep following your flight plan. We wait for your ILS request and then send an instruction. So be quick on requesting. Also be patient to get a reply.
- Please see the traffic conditions in your destination airport. If it’s busy,use speed control. Reduce your cruise speed to allow smoother operations rather than overspeeding,coming near the airport,at 25 mile vicinity 12000ft 841 GS and don’t change to tower when u don’t like the approach controller instructions.
Sequencing is an art, I may not be an expert like excellent other approach controllers in the community,but I have tried my best today and I will keep doing it. Thanks to those who did bear with me, and followed my instructions. WMKK approach earlier and WSSS approach now closed. Also thanks to my team controllers who excellently did all they could. Kudos. Snaps: good times-