Not Contacting Ground After Exiting Runway

As a controller its starting to become a pet peeve of mine when aircraft do not contact ground and just continue taxi after you tell them multiple times to contact ground. I know its not a big deal when its not busy but sometimes it really messes up the flow because you don’t know what they will do and its super unrealistic. I know this isn’t really a big deal but please just do what your supposed to do it makes everybody day better.

43 Likes

I completely agree and whether or not the airport is busy YOU are incharge and ppl should listen. I honestly stopped complaining and try to just have fun through it cause you’ll always find that 1 person being an idiot. They should honestly clean up the expert server.

5 Likes

Yeah it’s not a big deal when it’s not busy but it’s annoying and I wish people would at least try to be realistic instead of taxiing to the gate at 25kts without even making an attempt to contact ground. It seems to be getting more and more like the training server every day but there’s nothing we can really do about it.

6 Likes

Exactly. Sigh 😔. Complaints of similar origin has been made numerous times before and the IF Team even chimed in on one of the conversations stating they will do something about it. Mate that discussion got really heated to the point they had to step in and close the thread. I never seen them do that on this forum yet. That’s how heated everyone was. It had like one initial complaint with 100+ threads / replies after. It was peak!

6 Likes

That’s crazy! I hope this one doesn’t turn out like that. I’m just expressing a pet peeve of mine and wish pilots would follow instructions.

7 Likes

Nahhh this is wayyyyyyy down the notch lol. That conversation I spoke of was happening during an ATC controlled event. That’s why it sparked a lot of feedback and complaints. I say and read through everything took me atleast 30 minutes then boom! IF TEAM came in I was even shocked myself.

3 Likes

I once had an aircraft still on the tower frequency who pulled into the gate, then switched over to the ground frequency to request a taxi to parking, while he was already at his parking spot😒. I could feel some of my brain cells deteriorating.

13 Likes

Lmaoooooooo lmao 🤣 it’s rough out here! Jesus take the wheel!

1 Like

It feels like I’m controlling a child and ruins the rest of the session especially if it happens multiple times

4 Likes

After multiple warnings, you can Disconnect them from the server, does not issue any violation, just kicks them momentarily from the server.

The cause for this disconnection is Unable to Communicate

3 Likes

Exactly. I try my best to be as realistic as possible and sadly that ends up in me flying alone in some remote area just to avoid those possibilities

Oh really? Didn’t know they could do that. They should use this power.

1 Like

Are you seeing the flash flight mix up? Smh 🤦‍♂️ with aviator Dan. They needed you bro.

Oh I didn’t know we could have done that. What tab is that under?

2 Likes

I feel like the flash flights are always going to be hectic and a tad but unprofessional just because of the traffic amount

1 Like

It’s just in your reports tab, you’ll see “unable to communicate” at the bottom

1 Like

Oh okay thanks BT

1 Like

First of all, I’d send him a warning. If you are both controlling tower and ground say at tower communication PFI.

Never directly report 😂😂😂🥂

2 Likes
  • It’s not a report also I always assure I use the max warnings I got, never directly disconnect which makes no sense to do unless it causes a massive conflict 🥂
2 Likes

I don’t agree, it is a big deal wether busy or not. We fly on the ES because we want to fly in a simulated professional environment. Same for ground operations. So, yeah, you’re right to point this out and it can’t be emphasized enough. Keep it professional as possible people :)

5 Likes