Not being able to see weather or D-ATIS

Hey all, I have a question and I don’t know if other people are having it as well. I also don’t know if this was deliberately done. I’m not able to see the D-ATIS or the weather before I spawn in. Also, some airports, usually smaller airports like KORF and KISP, I’m unable to see the weather even when spawned in. I don’t know if this is a known issue or it was a deliberately done thing. Thanks!!

1 Like

I have this issue as well!

2 Likes

I believe this is an issue that mostly fixes itself and is created when there is no weather data given to the system during one “weather update cycle”. I observed that this often gets resolved when the weather is updated every 30 minutes or so. This issue also exists at smaller airports as those sometimes aren’t part of the system. I at least came across these issues at smaller airports the most. As I said before, I believe this resolves itself at bigger airports automatically.
This is only the conclusion I came to from my experience, I sadly can’t give you “the right” explanation for sure.

1 Like

I’m an Observer/Communicator for an uncontrolled airport weather is done 10mins to the hour(METAR) under HWOS and pending on weather reported or a SPECI anytime after the hourly observation for present weather phenomenon.most airports that are part time as this are controlled usually under a LWIS system Which limits some weather like cloud ceiling etc…

1 Like

Its happening every time before i spawn. once i spawn its working normally
f.e. these 2 pictures were taken around 20 second apart- before i spawn and after i spawn (and left immediately)

1 Like

Thanks all for the info!! Thanks for clearing it up!!

1 Like

I am having the same issue every time I start the app. It started after last update. I have to spawn in somewhere, then back out in order to see weather around the world. This topic should be moved to support category.

1 Like

Also have this issue, can never see WX before spawning (or opening an ATC frequency)

For me too

Known issue. As @RazPeleg7 mentions, it’s only like that when the app is launching from scratch and not after you’ve spawned in once.

Thanks!

2 Likes

🤔 and maybe when flying for to long in one session as i am now 80+hrs in and have no weather at every Airport aswell as no D-ATIS

1 Like

It’s definitely possible! Not a scenario we can quickly & easily reproduce though 🤣

1 Like

You know i can find bugs the other way but sadly its not that quickly to reproduce for you to make a bug fix for it 😅

2 Likes

How is your journey going so far?😅

1 Like

Its really good 😅 next stop Jakarta Indonesia

Long way ahead of you… lol

Just 6:30hrs

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.