Not able to hear ATC/pilot voice

I am not able to hear ATC voice when I fly and pilot voice when controlling as ATC. I am only able to hear my voice such as replies to ATC and commands send to pilots as ATC. Any solution to this? Thanks!

I use Android btw

1 Like

Check if your ATC Volume is set to the highest

Settings → Audio → ATC volume

If not restart your device, that may work

Yes, all audio is set to high, but no sound from the other side

I don’t know a solution to this but it was a problem with at least 2 planes I controlled today. Tower couldn’t hear them calling in.

1 Like

try to refresh infinite flight, and restart your device

otherwise just reinstall infinite flight

1 Like

Ok, I’ll try that after my ATC session ends.

1 Like

Do you have either of these voices installed and selected:

I do not have IOS. I use Android

Oh okay, my mistake.

No problem

I’d recommend trying this which can be found in the Support FAQs if restarting IF doesn’t resolve your issue then. Seems TTS on both Android and iOS have caused issues the last few years. @Vignesh_S, I linked the wrong topic last night. My apologies.

“I can’t Hear any ATC Voices on my Device
Android”

If you are experiencing issues related to voices in Infinite Flight and are using Android, follow the steps below:

Step 1
Go to Settings > Accessibility > Text to speech output > Install voice data
Step 2
Remove all voices that are possible to remove, then download & install them again (specifically the English options)
Note: Depending on Android version, your TTS settings could be placed a bit differently. If you can’t find them using the steps above, try Settings > General Management > Language input > Text to speech > Cogwheel next to your preferred TTS engine

1 Like

I’ll try this if restarting dosent work thanks

1 Like

Make sure you bought infinte flight in the app or play store. othervise that might be the reason why you can’t hear the ATC.

Vignesh has been around for a long time. I highly doubt that he’d have a version not from the PlayStore.

1 Like

@Vignesh_S did you at any point in the flight receive a notification or fiddle around with Bluetooth headphones at all because from my experience that can sometimes cause the ATC voice to disappear.

Hey @Vignesh_S!

May sound repetitive but I have a few questions to ask you.

1. Is your phone volume up and silent mode off?
  2. Is this a reoccurring issue?
  3. What have you tried to fix the issue thus far?

Hope I can assist you further after we work through these questions.

I think it would have fixed itself after a refresh of the app if this was the case.

1 Like

I was able to fix the issue guys. Apparently it was because of a specific voice accent that I was using. The british accent is not working anymore for some reason, so once I changed that back to the default accent, it is working. Kind of odd why that accent stopped working.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.