Nose of plane points downwards when maintaining altitude (without flaps)

Hey guys,
I’ve been confused by this issue for a while now, but haven’t bothered to raise it as an issue until now. In certain planes, while cruising, the nose of the plane points downwards, but the VS is 0 (as I’m cruising). For example, the Boeing 767. This means that when actually beginning the descent, the nose is pointed even further downwards - has anyone else experienced this?

Thanks for any info!

What speed are you flying at, and can we have a screenshot?

1 Like

Some planes may have a 2-3 degree tilt downward but most do not. If your experiencing this you are more then likely going to fast for the aircraft. How fast are you going?

2 Likes

A340 does the same thing. It’s been brought up before.

1 Like

Greater than 350 kts, I’ll get a screenshot now. I’ll edit it back in once I’m at cruise altitude).

Some aircraft do cruise with their nose pointed down slightly. It’s not a bug or a problem. This is completely normal.

Some of the planes in IF have an old model and unrealistic physics. The 757 is one of these along with the A330/40/80, 767, 777, 717, 787, C17 and a couple more. They will be reworked eventually, until then, they will be a little weird to fly :)

Ding ding ding there is your problem. The aren’t designed to go that fast mate.

1 Like

that happens to me on the 757 and 767

Cruising speed of a Boeing 767 isn’t supposed to be greater than 350kts? Well I’ve learned something new there!

Ah ok, if it’s not a bug then I’ll close the post.

So it is an issue with the app then? It’s not to do with that actually being the case in real life then? Or as others have said, the speed?

At FL 350, you should be cruising at 250 knots, indicated air speed.

It could be both. Most planes aren’t designed to exceed 350 kts IAS.

I believe it isn’t the nose you should be looking at more rather the wings. They keep the plane up and you expect THEM to be parallel to provide lift. The angle of attachment is secondary.

I wouldn’t think it would be that high search for the 767 VNE or VMO and that should give you your answer.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.