Nose down attitudes

I’ve noticed that certain planes like the Md-11 gain a nose down attitude during autopilot cruise. Is there a way to adjust this? It doesn’t affect gameplay but it just doesn’t look good

1 Like

It is a known issue. The devs have been alerted about it.

Issue? This is caused by you going too fast.

24 Likes

Do you adjust your trim? Trim can be your friend in many ways within the simulator.

2 Likes

In tutorials on YouTube trim was used

1 Like

To add on to Mr. Levet, make sure there is no pink line in your trim box, adjust trim accordingly to ensure your aircraft is not just cruising correctly but also minimizing fuel burn.

2 Likes

Trim won’t fix anything Chris lol Seb is on point. War of the mods 2017 😂

5 Likes

It’s not a war if there’s only one side fighting for victory. Lol.

5 Likes

We could help you more if you tell us what speed you were going at when the aircraft was at a nose down attitude. Most likely you were over speeding.

@schyllberg is correct you are going to fast to have a level attitude. Trim will help maintain a constant speed while holding your device where it was calibrated, but won’t fix the nose down attitude.

Helpful tips

• Pitch for speed
  • Use the throttle to gain/ loose altitude
  • Trim for a desired speed not attitude

If you use these flying will become a lot easier.

5 Likes

Cruising at 345kts isn’t the key to success. I wouldn’t cruise faster than M.85 or .84 in the MD/DC

3 Likes

It’s a safe assumption he’s going too fast for a level attitude.

That’s due to aircraft design

3 Likes

Take what I said from past experience with other folks either making topics like this for other aircraft or on a different situation. A ton of folks here love to flirt with the red tape, and end up getting violations as a result of doing so. It’s rather obvious that if the aircraft is flying in a nose down attitude, that A) He’s flying too fast or B) he loaded all of his cargo only to the front. The latter is less likely but still a possibility.

Just thought about one more possibility. Flying at too high of a speed when flying at a light(er) aircraft load. May want to check to make sure your aircraft load is at a happy medium. The MD/DC aircraft have been done extremely well in terms of the physics. I highly doubt there’s anything wrong with the aircraft.

4 Likes

I’m not carrying any cargo. I’m cruising 340 knots airspeed at FL340

1 Like

That’s waaay to fast. You should be at Mach .82-.84 at most… that should be around 240-260IAS.

7 Likes

@AndrewWu just making a joke…
You’ll learn that its best to not go too fast. You’ll find most Airliners will be in that Mach .80 range

3 Likes

found this for the MD-11.
Of course, depending on weight and stuff, you may have to adjust slightly, but this is the typical cruise speed.

Actually it would be your true airspeed. No aircraft limitation is in reference to ground speed. Just some more mis information to be shared around.

3 Likes

Thanks for all the responses guys. Turns out it was the speed thing. Tried cruising M .84 and it leveled out

3 Likes