Norwegian Ends ALL Long Haul Operations & Retires 787

Norwegian Ends ALL Long Haul Operations & Retires 787

Norwegian, a low-cost carrier from Europe has been prominent in operating low cost, long-haul operations across the Atlantic ocean destinations like Fort Lauderdale, New York, and Los Angeles. News broke this morning that they will be retiring their Boeing 787 and they will be ending all long-haul operations.

This is a sad day for the industry, As we see that this airline is really struggling to even stay in business and cutting the long-haul routes is the only way it’s going to be able to stay alive. The good news, however is that not all transatlantic operations will stop.

While most flights to some smaller destinations like Providence, Rhode Island may resume when the 737MAX starts flying for the airline again.

46 Likes

Low cost long haul is definitely a tough business. Really sad to see these nice aircraft go.

2 Likes

They’re already retiring them?!?! Wow, this isnt looking so good for them 😬

2 Likes

What a shame, RIP European connections for a lot of cities.

1 Like

Im hoping for its 787 to be sent to another airline or somthin…

2 Likes

😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭

Sad vibes

Rip FLL long haul ops. That’s it. Only one long haul left. Fort Lauderdale to São Paulo

I’m sorry what 😳

Noo, we will miss the 787 and international flights. The only airline LOW COST to fly to the US with a 787…

2 Likes

@norwegianairvirtual 😬😬😬
@Pilot_Dan1

I hate seeing another plane gone to covid :/

1 Like

Dang it, they were supposed to start CDG-AUS soon. Ah, well.

1 Like

RIP DEN-LGW DEN-CDG and was to be DEN-FCO. Maybe United or another carrier will take these routes.

Rudolph the red nose airplane
had a really shiny nose
and if you ever saw him
you would even say it glows
All of the other airplanes
Used to laugh and call him names
Then they sent poor rudolph
to rot in the desert

9 Likes

They were approved to fly EZE - DFW, but nope, and I don’t know where that route came from but it’s true

until it is turned into a cargo plane

that hurt to type :/

2 Likes

i hope i never see a cargo 787 XD

2 Likes

well this is depressing news. They were bound to fly to Vegas this summer in their 789. Not anymore :(

1 Like

I highly doubt the 787s will be retired completely from service. They’ll be retired from the Norwegian fleet but they will almost guaranteed go back to lessors or be sold. Many airlines want 787s and Norwegian could easily make a couple hundred million dollars off of the planes, which they could definitely use.

2 Likes

Everybody gangsta until an airline retires a 787