Norwegian Boeing 787 Reviews

I’m back!

I’m flying LGW - LAX in July with Norwegian. Wondering what they are like?

12 Likes

Well, welcome back! I haven’t experienced a flight with Norwegian but hear they are very good. I found this article you may want to view:

And a pretty detailed review

7 Likes

It’s nice to be back, Ed!

Yeah I’ve read those. Wanted to see if any fourum members have flown with them.

3 Likes

What cabin? I flew Premium in a 787-9 with them back in November from JFK - LGW. They were brilliant, seats were more than comfortable, food was great, the attendants looked a little tired but that was probably because it was a 23:30 departure and was running 45 minutes late. I also had a look at the economy and if I’m honest, I wouldn’t have been displeased to sit there - it looked more than adequate. Liked the fact that you could pay for things (duty free etc) without having to get a crew member, just swipe your card on the IFE. Also felt less tired, something which is attributed to the 787 because of it’s preset cabin pressure altitude. Overall a great journey, wouldn’t hesistate to fly with them again. :)

P.S. As for being on time - as I said it left 45 minutes late, but arrived bang on time, with a flight time of about 6 hours 5 minutes.

6 Likes

I’m in EconomyPlus. Nice to hear your thoughts! I’m looking forward to my flight as it’ll be my first time flying long haul. Do they have WiFi?

3 Likes

Is that an extra legroom seat? Or do you mean LowFare+? Unfortunately they only have the WiFi on the Boeing 737 fleet, but the IFE was far superior to any other airline I’ve been on, so it should be enough to occupy somebody for 10+ hours.

4 Likes

I think it’s extra legroom. And ah that sucks but it’ll be fun to play around with the IFE.

2 Likes

Try Dantorp aviation, I watched his video on the premium class cabin and I was truly surprised but he could have one for economy plus.

3 Likes

Welcome back, Zach! I never tried Norwegian before, but I think these reviews may helps you
http://onemileatatime.boardingarea.com/2016/10/20/norwegian-premium-class-review/

Thank you for coming back to here :D

2 Likes

I’m glad to be back! And thank you very much!

1 Like

So that’s economy right - not premium?

1 Like

Got the actual name here 😂 LowFare+

1 Like

Have fun being pinched by 9-abreast seats on the 11 hour flight from LGW-LAX! I hear that it’s a complete nightmare to fly on a 9-abreast 787, even on QR…

2 Likes

11 hours is ages mate 😂 I’m looking forward to the flight though.

I know what you mean (JFK-OSL) crampliner

1 Like

You haven’t posted since…

1 Like

What do you mean? Should I have posted?

No no I don’t mean anything much. You haven’t posted in a while and it’s great to be back!

1 Like

Why thank you! Since about June life has just got in the way! It’s great to be back here!

1 Like

You were busy? Well glad you are not anymore :D

1 Like