Norwegian Air Shuttle | Norwegian Argentina [New Aircraft, Extended Frequency]

As continued from:

Closed due to me not being able to edit.

The Next Tail Fin Hero: “The Babe” - Babe Ruth

Norwegian Air Shuttle has started the process of “Americanizing” the tails of some of its newest aircraft despite the on-going pushback by U.S. majors and unions of their expanding lower-cost service to the United States.

(PC: Eric @GoldboxATL on Twitter)

Norwegian has announced that Babe Ruth will be the next American Tail Fin Hero. George Herman Ruth, Jr. also known as “Babe Ruth” or “The Babe”, is known for being one of the greatest professional athletes of all time. Babe Ruth played during the early 1900’s for the New York Yankees, Boston Red Soxs, aswell as the Boston Braves and won a total of 7 world series as a Professional Baseball Player.

The Boeing 787-9 (G-CKMU) is brand new and after the test flights by Boeing it will be owned by Norwegian and flown from Europe to the USA.

Since its founding, Norwegian has always honored iconic, historical figures on the tails of its aircraft. Each person who is featured on a tailfin embodies Norwegian’s spirit of pushing boundaries, inspiring others and challenging the status quo. To commemorate Norwegian’s expansion in the United States, the airline will introduce a series of American icons over the next few months, Babe Ruth being the third (After Benjamin Franklin and Sojourner Truth)
(Excerpt taken from https://worldairlinenews.com)

(PC: Eric @GoldboxATL on Twitter)

My Thoughts:

Im excited that Norwegian is doing this as it tells a story and keeps these names living with their planes. I also think its good that Norwegian is putting American Heros on the planes as they are trying to be the ULCC of the TransAtlantic flights and alot of people are giving them a hard time.

With that… Tell me what you think about Norwegian itself but also about you feel about their American Tail Fin Heros.(Comment #1 before your response to respond to this) as this will be a topic that will have new updates)

Ex:
#1 : Im really happy that Norwegian is doing this. Cant wait to see them in the skies.

11 Likes

Perhaps one of the best Yankees in history! So happy to see this

3 Likes

Eh, they should have put Jackie Robinson on there; he is a true hero. But Babe Ruth is good I guess, I can settle for that.

3 Likes

Ewwww, Yankees…

I’d have to agree with @A_Plane_Guy, Jackie would have been a good fit. He broke bariers and changed the game forever. And he was a Dodger. So no bias at all.

3 Likes

Squints: But it was signed by Babe Ruth!
Smalls: Yeah, you keep telling me that! Who is she?
Ham: WHAT? WHAT?
Kenny: The sultan of swat!
Bertram: The king of crash!
Timmy: The colossus of clout!
Tommy: The colossus of clout!
All: BABE RUTH!
Ham: THE GREAT BAMBINO!
Smalls: Oh my god! You mean that’s the same guy?
All: YES!
Benny: Smalls, Babe Ruth is the greatest baseball player that ever lived. People say he was less than a god but more than a man. You know, like Hercules or something. That ball you just aced to The Beast is worth, well, more than your whole life.

4 Likes

Norwegian Argentina

33DB64AD-BD18-46FA-9EEB-702449213204
Photo Credits: Norwegian Argentina)

Norwegian Air Argentina will be a subsidiary of Norwegian Air. All aircraft will be registered in Argentina and will fly lost cost from Argentina.

Norwegian Argentinas planned International service (out of South America)

3CD17C1D-4A92-439B-BA49-DCC4364BA9F4
(Photo Credits: Norwegian Argentina)

Summary of requested hubs/routes:
34 domestic routes from Buenos Aires
17 domestic routes from Córdoba
6 domestic routes from Mendoza
3 domestic routes from Rosario
5 domestic routes from Salta
63 international routes from Buenos Aaires
13 international routes from Córdoba
3 international routes from Mendoza
1 international routes from Rosario
10 other routes from other locations in Argentina

Equipment to be used: Boeing 787 8 & 9, Airbus 321 NEO LR and Boeing 737 MAX 8 & NG

All of these routes may not be used or even given permission by the government but they plan to service those routes from Argentina. (Picture seen above)

My Opinion:

I like how they are going to operate out of Argentina and am very curious on how the SYD and PER Routes will work… Hopefully they include SXM into the routes and maybe even ISP (Wishfull thinking) :)

With that… Tell me what you think about Norwegian itself but also about you feel about their planned subsidiary of Norwegian Argentina. (Comment #2 before your response to respond to this) as this will be a topic that will have new updates)

Ex:
#2 : Im really happy that Norwegian is doing this. Cant wait to see them in the skies.

4 Likes

Now they need North America, asia, Australia then they will cover all continents except Antarctica

2 Likes

Norwegian Argentina

Photo Credits: Norwegian Argentina)

Norwegian Air Argentina will be a subsidiary of Norwegian Air. All aircraft will be registered in Argentina and will fly lost cost from Argentina.

Norwegian Increases Frequency To Argentina

With the route starting on Valentines Day (LGW-EZE), with 4 times a week. Norwegian has already upped it to 6x a week (Effective March 27th)… I think this is huge as that means that many people are purchasing tickets for the route (It will be very successful).

https://www.routesonline.com/news/38/airlineroute/276248/norwegian-files-additional-trans-atlantic-frequency-in-s18/

Norwegian Argentina To Receive First B737 Aircraft In Jan 2018:

Norwegian Air Argentina (NAA) will receive its first aircraft - a nine-month old Boeing 737-800, in January 2018.

The 189-seat aircraft, which made its first flight in March 2017 and is presently operating in Europe, will be the first of 10-12 737-800s that NAA is planning to operate during its first year of operations in Argentina.

My Opinion:

I am still not sure how I feel about Norwegian coming into South America… But I am excited to see the future with them. Hopefully Norwegian will do very well on all of their routes (So they can start more (KISP, TNCM)) :)

With that… Tell me what you think about Norwegian itself but also about you feel about their planned subsidiary of Norwegian Argentina. Do you think they will do well in South America? (Comment #3 before your response to respond to this) as this will be a topic that will have new updates)

Ex:
#3 : Im really happy that Norwegian is doing this. Cant wait to see them in the skies.

Norwegian Argentina

Astor Pantaleón Piazzolla will adorn the first Aircraft headed for the Norwegian Argentina Airlines!!

Astor Pantaleón Piazzolla ( March 11, 1921 – July 4, 1992) - Argentine tango composer, bandoneon player, and arranger. His oeuvre revolutionized the traditional tango into a new style termed nuevo tango, incorporating elements from jazz and classical music. A virtuoso bandoneonist, he regularly performed his own compositions with a variety of ensembles. In 1992, American music critic Stephen Holden described Piazzolla as “the world’s foremost composer of tango music”.

LV-HQH with tail art!

(Photo Credits: Norwegian Airlines)

This beauty will be flown to Argentina this Saturday with the registration EI-FVO.

My Opinion:

Well this is it!! The moment to see how the Argentina Market will respond…

I want to see this succeed as I need Norwegian at SXM :P

Are you excited!?? What do you think will happen?? Will they be rejected? Will they Succeed?!?
Comment with #4

Norwegian Eyes Asia From Argentina via Perth!

Norwegian is planning to link flights to Asia from Buenos Aires via Perth. Norwegian has determined that the fatest route is via the South Pole but would be required to stop off for fuel in Perth.

Norwegian has already applied and received approval for flights between Buenos Aires and Perth and is now working on approvals for flights to Singapore.

My Opinion:

I am so excited that we could see Norwegian in Australia in the coming years! But it sounds great that they are trying to connect the globe totally!

Are you excited!?? What do you think will happen?? Will this route work?
Comment with #5

1 Like

Ok, ok, ok… wait… so you’re telling me that a cheap european airline wants to operate in a different continent? That’s like if ryanair would operate in Australia. Lol

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.