JetSMART has bought Norwegian Air Argentina
Norwegian Air Argentina currently operates a fleet of 3 737-800s and flies solely within Argentina.
- Operations in Argentina were launched 14 months ago in October 2018.
Norwegian has now announced it will sell its Argentinian operation to Chilean JetSMART:
“As Norwegian moves from growth to profitability, we are taking all the necessary actions required to ensure that Norwegian is well-positioned going forward," states acting chief executive and finance chief Geir Karlsen.
- JetSMART expects to take over the current routes operated by Norwegian Argentina.
- Norwegian Argentina’s 3 737s will be returned to Europe for Norwegian to use in other operations.
- The 737 fleet and Norwegian Argentina brand will be phased out by JetSMART and its A320s.
- JetSMART will now own 10% of the Argentina domestic market.
What do you think of this deal? Has anyone flown Norwegian Argentina or JetSMART?