Northern lights

Hello IFC!

So I just saw a closed feature request about this and I think it could be interesting!

Give me your opinions!

This is absolutely beautiful though!! 😍
I mean IF already has stars and moon & adding this would not be that difficult i guess…
But would love to this see soon when Project Metal is announced.

7 Likes

Well it’s looks Amazing, but all the devices should be able to handle such intense graphic loads.
For example; we would like to have clouds, rain, taxi lights, buildings and Northern Lights.
Until, if adds all these features and have an option turn off clouds, taxi lights, rain individually, our devices might work, If not devices cannot handle everything, plus remember we need a smooth experience when flying as well.

1 Like

I live watching these every night in the NWT Canada👍🇨🇦✅

4 Likes

Awesome idea because of how unique it is. That’s definitely not the first feature I would have thought about but I love that you brought it under the spotlight.
It would really not be that critical for the game or pretty much useless from a flight technique standpoint, but it’s so random and would be so unexpected that I’m absolutely clearing a vote for this 😀

I believe the Metal project thingy should permit this.

These northern lights - formally called aurora borealis (In the north) and aurora australis (in the south) would be a lot more static than clouds or rain even for that matter. So I guess less processing power consuming. But I could be mistaken.

I just love seeing them. I usually stay up all night on my frequent transatlantic flights just to see them.

If I remember properly, they come from electrically charged particles hitting the earth’s magnetosphere after having been carried over by solar storms.

2 Likes

dammit i’m outta votes… but we need this

7 Likes

While low power mode is activated their resolution would be very low or could be an option to turn off this feature