North Korea Airspace Restrictions

Can we just let people enjoy the game they pay for, this doesn’t affect anyone

2 Likes

People just want to see this country for once. I mean, who wouldn’t want to miss this from above?

This is what we pay for

2 Likes

Man some of us are asleep when we fly 🤷‍♀️

That’s what a flight plan is for

I mean it’s pretty well known 😂

All publicly is good publicity I guess 😂 🤷🏻‍♂️

I’m talking about the area itself with the scenery. Not too many people get the chance to fly over this country from above irl.

1 Like

I don’t think so, it doesn’t seem like that would be ghostable. You pay for the region, all the aircraft and the ability to change your callsign so it seems fine to me!

Very true. I know what you meant. I may or may not have flown over there once or twice in IF… 😳

Some sort of missile defence system would be cool! Just kidding 😂

1 Like

We had a topic talking about this earlier today. The reason many planes were flying over NK was because of the amount of traffic that was arriving.

From my experience, if you file a flight plan using FPLtoIF, it will keep you out of the North Korean airspace as it uses real life flight plans.

2 Likes

There is actually a feature post click here if you want to vote: Here

1 Like

Don’t we already have TFR? I believe that would help.

Anyway, I don’t see the need to be very realistic here. Most pilots don’t know about this restriction…

1 Like

@ran you’ve just influenced this person here 😂
Anyway, once is enough :)

2 Likes

What? No seriously 😳

I would fly AF1 over NK just for fun. I could care less about realism

2 Likes

There are actual commercial flights to North Korea, between China and Russia…

Alright lads… Settle down.

Here’s some Facts regarding North Korean Airspace and how it relates to Infinite Flight:

• USA SFAR 79 - basically prohibits all United States Registered aircraft from entering or overflying the Democratic Peoples Republic of Korea (North Korea)
  • France AIC A3/19 - States that “From 24/01/2019 and until further notice, French air carriers are requested to exercise particular caution during flight operations in the airspace of North Korea (ZKKP FIR (PYONGYANG)), especially its maritime part”
  • United Kingdom NOTAM V0012/17 - Was withdrawn but a NOTAM still stands for all aircraft with a United Kingdom Registration. Basically notifying pilots of unannounced missile launches
  • German NOTAM B0271/20 - Says this “POTENTIAL RISK TO AVIATION WITHIN FIR PYONGYANG (ZKKP) DUE TO GROUND TO GROUND BALLISTIC WEAPONRY TEST FIRINGS WITHOUT PRIOR NOTICE. CIVIL GERMAN AIR OPERATORS ARE ADVISED TO TAKE POTENTIAL RISK INTO ACCOUNT IN THEIR RISK ASSESSMENTS AND ROUTEING DECISIONS.”

As you can see, all nations (other than the United States) are currently just advisories to their pilots. If you watch on FlightRadar24, occasionally you will notice aircraft overflying or even landing in Pyongyang. North Korea’s only threat to aviation at this time is the threat of unannounced missile launches and is currently quite a low threat (compared to other regions of the world).

Currently in real life, the Democratic Peoples Republic of Korea/North Korea is a Level 2 International Threat – Meaning that you are advised that danger exists and that it’s up to the pilot in command or airline carrier to make the decision to overfly.

However, aircraft are required to obtain an overflight or landing permit prior to entering their airspace. This is why you don’t see many aircraft overflying this airspace. These permits cost a heavy fine and even though they are easy to obtain… They are a pain in the neck.

So as noted above, South Korea avoids the airspace at all costs. Not only do the fees deter them, but since the South and North have had a history of not getting along, the South Korean government strongly advises flights to fly around the Pyongyang airspace for the safety of the aircraft

So to wrap this all up. There is no International “Do Not Fly Zone” anymore. This FIR is regulated by each nation and each nation handles it differently. As per Infinite Flight, the team doesn’t like to get involved with real world politics or conflicts and since airlines do overfly and even land in real life, there is no reason for a in game restriction.

4 Likes

Infinite Flight believes in a world without conflict and restricted airspaces.

If you would like to adhere to it that is fine.

6 Likes