North Korea Airspace Restrictions

As some of you might know, North Korea has a no-fly zone, which could be seen here:

In Expert Server today, many pilots flew in the no-fly zone when either departing or arriving into Seoul-Incheon. This ruins the realism. In 20.1 there should be an outline in read of the no fly zone, so people will know where they shouldn’t fly.

1 Like

What if I’m flying into North Korea on purpose?

15 Likes

By purchasing a sub you expect to be able to fly anywhere in the world including this location. You take that away from paying subscribers. If you want to be realistic don’t fly there. Some people want to discover this little known country.

10 Likes

If I want to be shot down, I’ll fly over North Korea 🤷‍♂️

I pay for the thing.

There’s a video that explains what I’m talking about

1 Like

This will be sort of fixed with centre there will be zones around North Korean airspace but it will remain open. And technically DPRK airspace is open it just so happens that overflight fees are enormous and they aren’t too nice to non north koreans

1 Like

Would you be banned or ghosted for operating a flight (maybe an unmarked white aircraft) with a call sign KORYO882 or similar?

1 Like

Expert server is described as a super-realistic simulation server, yet some pilots are making it super unrealistic.

1 Like

Can we just let people enjoy the game they pay for, this doesn’t affect anyone

2 Likes

People just want to see this country for once. I mean, who wouldn’t want to miss this from above?

This is what we pay for

2 Likes

Man some of us are asleep when we fly 🤷‍♀️

That’s what a flight plan is for

I mean it’s pretty well known 😂

All publicly is good publicity I guess 😂 🤷🏻‍♂️

I’m talking about the area itself with the scenery. Not too many people get the chance to fly over this country from above irl.

1 Like

I don’t think so, it doesn’t seem like that would be ghostable. You pay for the region, all the aircraft and the ability to change your callsign so it seems fine to me!

Very true. I know what you meant. I may or may not have flown over there once or twice in IF… 😳

Some sort of missile defence system would be cool! Just kidding 😂

1 Like

We had a topic talking about this earlier today. The reason many planes were flying over NK was because of the amount of traffic that was arriving.

From my experience, if you file a flight plan using FPLtoIF, it will keep you out of the North Korean airspace as it uses real life flight plans.

2 Likes

There is actually a feature post click here if you want to vote: Here

1 Like

Don’t we already have TFR? I believe that would help.

Anyway, I don’t see the need to be very realistic here. Most pilots don’t know about this restriction…

1 Like