Non-avgeeks opinions of av-geeks

Last time I checked it’s not a terrorist game 😂

My advice
Don’t care what they think about your love of planes 🙂

3 Likes

Well I’m 13 so it’s usually my parents who tell me “it’s awesome that you know this but we don’t really care”

In terms of my classmates at school who I will say one of them is awesome and tries his best at least to understand the stuff but most of them just go and have no idea what they’re talking about for example Let’s say one of them asked me oh what’s the best plane which is kind of a dumb question as in terms of any motive transportation it’s all what you’re looking for so I asked him that and I’m just like oh I want to Southwest plane in and another one might say or only in American airline i let’s say one of them asked me oh what’s the best plane which is kind of a dumb question as in terms of any motive transportation it’s all what you’re looking for so I asked him that and I’m just like oh I want a Southwest plane in and another says oh an American Airlines one ( The first one is specific enough but the second one
definitely isn’t)
It’s like theyre trying to be annoying about it

1 Like

Everyone thinks its weird and funny and also sometimes my friend call me pilot, cause they think pilot is the only aviation proffesion

1 Like

My dad worked for air New Zealand for 15 years and everyone I met assumed he was a pilot but he wasn’t 😂

3 Likes

That is one heck of a long run-on sentence lol

My friends are the non-avgeeks who don’t really care about aviation. For the ones who antagonize and put you down for your interest, don’t even consider them friends.

1 Like

Are you my English teacher now

2 Likes

Hence the use of the phrase classmates

1 Like

1s7qjy

3 Likes

They called me planeboy when I was in middle school, and some of them thought that using FlightAware was a bad thing in High School. I’ve since been out of school. My parents don’t really care lol, but the don’t like it when i spend more than two hours at the airport, thinking that I might be arrested lol.

4 Likes

All my friends are non avgeeks. They don’t give me any sort of a hard time for being one. If your friends are truly giving you a hard time (not as a joke), then are they really friends? In terms of outside people, they don’t seem to care even when I’m blatantly obvious that I’m an avgeek. I do hide FlightAware and FR24 from my friends and classmates, though. Infinite Flight, a few people in my school play (albeit not well), so it’s not a problem

1 Like

2 Likes

It really depends for me, I feel like those who are kind of, how to say it… Scientifically minded seem to be like cool, you can tell what that plane is, and less scientifically minded people are like, “weird” and to be honest I see both sides, but agree with the first, obviously…

1 Like

One of my two really good friends is an av-geek, but the other is… not the brightness bulb shal we say… but they are both really nice about it, and to be honest anyone who is your friend should be…

1 Like

I know my mom thinks my knowledge of aviation is a wasted potential. “If you know that much about planes, then why do you have a B in AP History?”

2 Likes

“Why don’t you put as much effort as you do in this into school?”

1 Like

This is essentially a remake of this topic

2 Likes

MaxSez: Where are all these personal opinion pieces and Dear Abbey Topic coming from? Every time I start to read one I either smell wood burning or that aweful dirty diaper odor that makes me wanna puke. This kinda “stuff” reminds me of that 7/8th Grade Composition Class project forced on me by that old biddy with lizard skin that looked like the Wicked Witch of the North. Give me a brake boys & girls get with the program.
This Forum is about flyin not child psychology, your favorite ice cream flavor or fill in the blank… Next

10 Likes

Be creative. This topic is similar to the one linked above and lacks depth.

@Maxmustang I missed your jingle at the end referencing a break. Edited, Cheers

15 Likes

13 Likes