Hey, I was HB-NRW in the TBM930. Below is my feedback from the session.
It was a decent session. Throughout the whole session I noticed some mistakes and some unnecessary commands. Here’s what I noted down during my patterns:
- Runway crossing was great. As I was approaching the runway you told me to cross which saved me having to request it. Good visual awareness there.
- When you cleared me for the option, you told me to make right traffic after the option. That wasn’t necessary because when you gave me takeoff clearance, you already told me to make right traffic. You only need to give some a traffic direction if they requested a runway change or are inbound from a different airport.
- Whilst I was was on right downwind for runway 22L, you told me that you’ll call my base. This wasn’t needed because I was under VFR. When some is flying a pattern, they’re under VFR (Visual Flight Rules) which means they’re responsible for their altitude, speed, separation with other aircraft etc.
- Whilst I was in the pattern with HB-CHW, I never received any sequencing. Whenever there’s more than one aircraft in the pattern you must sequence them, so that they they can maintain spacing which one another.
- The exit runway command was also correct but a little late. For GA aircraft I recommend you send it when they’re between 40-50kts on the runway.
So that you can improve, I strongly suggest that you check out some ATC tutorials in #tutorials. They’re simple and understandable and you should be able to improve by no time.
Apart from what I listed above, everything was perfect. I wish you good luck for when you apply for IFATC and I hope you pass.