No specials spotting competition | concluded

Welcome to the latest spotting competition on the IFC. I’ve worked closely with some of my spotting friends here to identify common flaws in the competitions and address them to make what should be the fairest spotting competition yet on the IFC. I think one of the more frustrating parts of spotting comps here is that special planes get votes, and not always the highest quality photos, so for this competition we’re limiting what you can submit to make it as fair as possible. This means no specials, no crazy planes, no points, no comebacks, just skill, either your skills speak or your eliminated. I’ll elaborate on the rules below. That said don’t worry if you don’t think you can win, send in your shots and see where you stack up!

RULES

• only 737 and A320 family planes will be accepted.

• no special schemes, any airline is alright, but it must be that airlines default paint job. For airlines like JetBlue who have no official normal but many unique ones it may not be one of the very special ones, in that case NYFD, New York Jets, etc, this will be handled at the judges discretion.

• the competition will be held in a single elimination bracket style, once your gone your gone with the exception of the losers of the final four where there will be a round to determine 3rd.

• photos must be your own, anyone who breaks this rule will be immediately kicked from the competition.

• you must have your photos in by the time your round is supposed to start, these times will be made clear to competitors and you’ll have plenty of warnings, anyone who’s photo is not in by the time a round starts will automatically lose.

competitors

To enter please PM me and I’ll throw you in, make sure you have a minimum of five high quality A320/737 shots. At this point we have filled all planned slots but I’d love it if you still send in messages that your interested and we’ll see if we can get enough to have another round or something, just know that at this point slots are not a guarantee. I’ll place anyone else on what we’ll call for now the waitlist. If we can reach 24 I have a plan for that, past that this might get dicey. When the waitlist fills up we go, if it doesn’t unfortunately everyone on the waitlist is out unless someone no longer wants to compete.

21 Likes

I don’t have access to my pictures right now, but I will enter if you are still open Wednesday!

1 Like

I’ll put you down, we won’t be starting till Wednesday at the earliest, I’ll let people join for a few days then it will probably take a little bit to get everyone’s pictures and sort out the bracket and what not. If something changes and you can’t do Wednesday let me know when I make the PM with all the contestants we’ll work something out time permitting.

3 Likes

Ideally we’re looking for four more people, this gets a little more complicated if we have more but we’ll see what we can do. No spots are safe after the next 4.

1 Like

Well so this filled up a little faster than I thought. That’s the most I can do and have a clean bracket short of doubling again which I doubt we’ll reach. Anyone who is still interested keep sending me messages and we’ll see how much more interest we have and see if we can accommodate.

Given that in less than 24 hours we have all 16 for the initially planned round and we have 3/8 for the expanded 24 person round I think this should be able to work out and people on the waitlist will probably be able to compete.

1 Like

I will send you my picture late tonight or tomorrow. 😊

1 Like

Alright great, glad to have you onboard!

1 Like

Count me in on the waitlist

At this point I’m doing away with the waitlist we’re just going to plan to run a 24 person comp, so we need 3 more. If we can’t find those by let’s say Wednesday we’ll re evaluate but I think we should be able to.

I PMed you but I don’t see my name on the list, so make it two more

1 Like

Maybe once I accumulate some photographs I may be able to take part in some of these!

Sorry I missed yours, not sure how that got lost let me throw you up there, very sorry about that.

1 Like

Alright, we’re all filled up, should be starting shortly.

1 Like

Alright, the moment we’ve been waiting for the actual competition. Round one is up first and it’s a bit of a doozy so hang in there but we got a lot of ya today.

PLEASE, PLEASE I BEG YOU VOTE FOR PHOTO QUALITY NOT AIRCRAFT RARITY

• Southwest 737
  • Easy Jet A319

0 voters

• Alaska A321N
  • Frontier A320N

0 voters

• American A319
  • EasyJet/BA A320s

0 voters

• Israir A320
  • American A321

0 voters

• Alaska 737-900
  • Air New Zealand A320

0 voters

• Southwest 737-700
  • Spirit A321

0 voters

• United A319
  • American 737-800

0 voters

• Southwest 737-800
  • Virgin America A321N

0 voters

• KLM 737-700
  • Aer Lingus A321LR

0 voters

• Qantas Freight A321F
  • Spirit A321

0 voters

• T’way 737-800
  • Alaska A321N

0 voters

• Spirit A320
  • Flair 737

0 voters

So I screwed up the polls, guess we get real-time results should be fun… 😳

14 Likes

my votes have been entered loved all of the entries for this one

4 Likes

Great photos all round!!! Well done.

1 Like

Can we please note the fact that every frontier livery is technically a special livery.

If you read the rules at the top I mention airlines like that. There all pretty similar I wouldn’t accept it if it was some crazy special thing.

1 Like

So how we feel about the weird polls? Worst mistake possible? Kinda good? I don’t think I’ll do it again unless everyone really loved it doesn’t make it as suspenseful.