No Smoking & Seat Belts

Irony is that there isnt even suppose to be a no smoking sogn in the first place. Smoking has been banned in aviation so i dont even use the no smoking sign, i just turn it on and keep it on

2 Likes

Max Sez; When you simulate you should also emulate! The ad says IF is a flight Simulator and aviators and those who want to become aviators go thru the motions. They Pre-Flight, Check weight & balance, file a flight plan, push all the buttons and toggles to “emulate” the real world every time they strap on an aircraft. They then communicate with ATC etc etc… Anybody who just kicks the tire, lights the fire and launches is a peanut.

(@cordes… T he Simulation Nerd does it right, follow his lead.)

5 Likes

Smoking is always on when flying commercial. When I fly in a private jet I like to let my guests have a fag if they wish…

Seatbelts on when near the runway for takeoff. Off just before cruise altitude. On just before TOD and stay on until arrived at gate. Also on when turbulence occurs

5 Likes

Yay, my little effort is noticed!

I do it because why not. Seatbelts are self explanatory and no smoking just stays on all the time unless I shut the plane down (All lights off, all signs off, as if the engines have been shut down).

3 Likes

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

1 Like

I use them on every flight. Just one more thing that makes this sim realistic! 👍

2 Likes

To make things even more realistic, if you don’t turn on NO SMOKING, the plane would catch on fire

Oh look there’s Easy 26 streaking fire through the sky. Forgot his smoking sign eh?

10 Likes

On IF, those little details like the beep it’s produced when turning them on really take the simulation experience to a much higher level. Another thing I am literally craving for to be implemented in a future update is the autopilot disengage alarm, especially on Airbus planes :D

4 Likes

@Lin_Yifan. Max sez… I agree with you Lon… The AP disconnect alarm is an item I’ve overlooked for years. Good catch. Suggest you make the disconnect alarm a Topic. That will get the Dev’s attention. Well done.

2 Likes

Actually most early flights allowed smoking. And they didn’t crash because of it.

1 Like

@DeltaVirtual… All early flights allowed smoking till some liberal swine found a way to decimate two industries and drive them off shore. Ask any North Carolina Tobacco Farmer or the still out of work cigarette factory worker in Richmond… Max Sez.
(Smoking causes cancer is a canard! Like the TSA protect Pax’s)

2 Likes

I use them just for fun. Seatbelt/no smoking lights turn on before taxi. Turn off seatbelt sign at cruise alt. Turn them on during decent and landong

I don’t allow smoking on my flights.

1 Like

Yeah it should. Unless you’re flying the spitfire or something. In that case smoking is always allowed.

2 Likes

I also do that. If they want to have a “Durry” while in an aeroplane, they have to go out on the wings, I don’t want anyone smoking in MY LAVATORIES.

3 Likes

I use them from cruise until start of desent … I only use the seat belt sign for me the smoking sign will always remain off!