No smoking light?

This is kinda If and kinda not why is there a no smoking sign light thingy in IF when its illegal to smoke in a plane… It makes no sense

1 Like

Because they are still on planes IRL.

13 Likes

Some airlines allow smoking.

1 Like

Interesting… That’s all I have to say

I think it’s just a few in poor countries… But that was in 2010 so I’m not sure.

Also, a lot of planes were made before smoking was not allowed. New planes have no electronic signs I think.

2 Likes

Max Sez. The United States is one of only a few countries that impose smoking restrictions. Accordingly, US Aircraft built for worldwide commercial service take local custom into consideration during design. In fact I’ve noted Air France has Bidets installed in the Lav’s and Southwest uses corn cobs instead of toilet paper in all US service below the Mason Dixon Line.

8 Likes

I would think twice before seating in one of those onboard.

2 Likes

JL and NH has those fancy automatic Japanese bidets onboard their aircraft. It is the hope that you don’t encounter turbulence while the device is operating.

1 Like

Did you know all commercial planes have to have ash trays just in case someone decides to smoke.

10 Likes

Exactly if someone wants to break the law it’s better they use a ashtray than a bin as the outcome is totally different and planes have almost crashed as a result

Unfortunately, they also have smoke detectors… :/

1 Like

When did an aircraft crash due to smoking?

It’s a good idea to know the difference between cigarette smoke and a on-board fire, isn’t it? :)

I missed the “bin” part lol.

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

1 Like

@Swordfish… MaxSez: if you follow AirSafety.net and read a few.NTSB final accidant reports you’ll be surprised how many in flight emergencies lit cigarets have caused. Only a few years ago most aircraft manufacturers where using flammable material as cabin insulation. Today Pax disconnect the Lav smoke alarm and smoke pot… Now that tripping…

1 Like

Perhaps they should add cameras to the toilets connected to the flight attendants cabin.

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

2 Likes

Indeed. Or we watch them to avoid people smoking pot on the aircraft or we give them privacy.