"No pattern work accepted at this time.'' Why?

1. The airport has only one runway and 10+ incoming planes to there. NO PATTERN WORK.

2. The airport has multi runways but all runways will be in use for arrivals. NO PATTERN WORK.

3. Pattern is full. (This is the controller’s choice.) NO PATTERN WORK.

Thank you guys for your understanding :)

23 Likes

Fully agreed. No need to ask for it broadcasted just for a few minutes ago.

2 Likes

@Solocup… MaxSez : Such Nonsence! If you can’t hack the Pace Get Out of the Race metro and those who support this position. ( Metro, Are you speaking for FDS or just making it up as you go along?)

(info: @Tyler_Shelton)

1 Like

If it’s such nonsense why is it an option on the ATC menu?

2 Likes

Oh Max don’t be such an Eeyore. If it’s too much work to fit in a aircraft requesting pattern work, I’d rather the controller was humble enough to refuse than go ahead and be a “have a go hero” and then stuff it all up.
Yep I’ve been there, done that and regretted it…

ATC should be OK for at least 5 in the pattern as that is what we are tested on, but some smaller airports get problematic even with that many.

5 Likes

It all depends on the controller, he is in his full right to say no pattern work accepted and the points made by @Solocup are just a few examples.[quote=“mertocal, post:1, topic:34864”]

1. The airport has only one runway and 10+ incoming planes to there. NO PATTERN WORK.

2. The airport has multi runways but all runways will be in use for arrivals. NO PATTERN WORK.

3. Pattern is full. (This is the controller’s choice.) NO PATTERN WORK.
    [/quote]

4 Likes

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

16 Likes

@Aernout@metro. @Tyler_Shelton… MaxSez: this is a New one on me… Who’d a known it since no IF ATC rules are published. Plus the Topic Creator should have cited an authority. I understand the unpublished necessity. I’m moving on.

1 Like

@Maxmustang do you want to extend downwind about 15 miles? I don’t want to do.

1 Like

@Solocup. MaxSez. Your out of your league son. Take it to PM if you choose

14 Likes

lol. Have fun :) @Maxmustang

1 Like

MaxSez. Wilco: Who are the ATC Supervisors and there PM address w/o the @… Also what about the “New Chief” Pilot what’s his role in gripes.

4 Likes

Now Max, you know who to DM with questions or concerns. Have we, more specifically I, ever ignored an inquiry by you? You may not always like the outcome, but I always respond and figure out what’s going on.

Believe me, ATC doesn’t close to pattern work often. We’re very strict on that and have made it extremely clear that any denial of pattern work better be justified. There simply can’t be a rule for everything.

3 Likes

Time for a Fredaphor:

“Imagine you are driving down the motorway. Ahead of you, you see a coned off area, chopping down the highway to one lane. No one is working in the roadworks section. Does this mean you should barge through the cones into the ‘hazard-zone?’ (If you answered yes, there is a psych-ward near me. I’ll hook you up.) NO.”

For whatever reason you are unable to do pattern work, just obey it. We have no easy way of telling what’s going on on the controllers side, so our best option is to co-operate. Do patter work elsewhere/on solo or just depart out of the airspace.

6 Likes

Oh, and Mark’s role is to help pilots learn new techniques and procedures. If we get a ghosting complaint and see that it’s clearly pilot error, Mark can step in and help the pilot better understand what they did wrong and teach them the right way to do things. Just as we do with controllers.

Cheerio.

3 Likes

@Tristan_Hensley. Thank you for the courteous and informative response. Recognize I jump in with both feet. In this case I was uncomfortable accepting direction/guidance from an individual who is not in a leadership position with out explanation or a source citation, My chromogen reputation proceeds me and is expected when I write here in these situations. I expect blowback every time I cast my net and move on. I have nothing but respect for the ATC Groups Leadership and staff. You do need someone to challenge you to brake up the routine and cause you guys to circle the wagons from time to time. Warn Regards, Max

8 Likes

Thank you for your sage insight and advise Dr. Frog Psy. D. Max

2 Likes

Max also IF and IRL are different in IF you dont have very much control and space only an ipad (assuming device) and the controls for IF are either basic or too complex to navigate. IRL i bet it would be different since there is better tech, more people (again assuming) and more experience and verbal commands. Can talk in PM if you want :) those were just my opinions

1 Like