No ILS for RWY 12 @KMIA

…and no, you can’t scroll.

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

Yes, RWY 12 is an ILS approach. Could be a menu problem, as it doesn’t appear on the drop-down.

I’ll check this out @carmalonso

2 Likes

You were still climbing and trying to intercept the ILS?
It’s called Instrumental Landing System, which is usually considered starting from around 3.000 ft AGL.

Anyway, @Rotate is right.

It doesn’t matter where you are with this system. You can dial up your destination at any distance, any altitude. In fact, it’s how I gauge my descent. Try it, it works, I’m not stupid. Anyway, the fact is that you can be in the cone for RWY 12 at MIA, and you still won’t be able to call it up.

I was also able to see it on the HUD with the auto setting, but not able to actually choose it. All I’m saying is if there are 12 ILS freqs at an airport, you should be able to select any one of them, just like ATC freqs. You scroll thru the list.

1 Like

Don’t you think there should be? I do. Forget it. Just, forget it.

Any mod, please close this topic. Apparently, feedback is not welcome here.

Peace.

3 Likes

@Rotate that’s his point - you can’t scroll downwards through ILS approaches. He is saying the menu should be like ATC menus where you can scroll down through every option.

Well now that we’ve established it’s not a bug, you can open a feature request to make this thing a scrolling option.

Apologies… I’m not sure why I thought this wasn’t a bug, since it obviously is. Sorry for any inconvenience!

So I flew SAN-LAX this afternoon and when trying to establish ILS on 24R I picked up the ILS of 06L, 06R, 24L changing every 2s but never 24R instead. Not sure if this is a bug but I also couldn’t select ILS 24R on the HUD because it wasn’t shown. All other ILS’ were.

Man!! you could have taken screen shot of map and HUD. Can you recreate the problem? Evidence is the key on this forum when it comes to Bug and Support. Becouse most of the people don’t work for IF so you end up getting answers based on assumption.

If you hold down on the text which says ILS 24R KLAX etc, you can lock onto one ILS or GPS approach you want, and it will not change. You know this?

Here is the good example of assumption ;) He already stated he picked up 06L, 06R and 24L. 24R not shown.you are right about locking @Samuel123abc , if he is not doing that then you given him right answers, kudos.

Just read again and this is probably what I am thinking of.

Has already been discussed before, but i can’t seem to find that topic.