No fuel πŸ˜•πŸ˜•

I didn’t find a topic with the exact answer to my question. On a flight from Guarulhos to Paris I had a fuel problem. the well-known dry break. however I had added the necessary autonomy and another 4 to 6 hours of alternative flight. Upon arriving in European continent still over. Ocean the aircraft ran out of fuelβ€¦πŸ˜•

What aircraft? Did you plan your fuel correctly?

Could you have left flaps or gear down perhaps? I know it sounds stupid, but you do enough flights and it happens, and that can obviously cause a lot of drag. Unless you got some ungodly winds, 4-6 hours on top of your expected flight time should be more than enough, so either a miscalculation occurred somewhere, or what I mentioned above, I agree with you that at the surface the math doesn’t add up here…

1 Like

Yes, yes FLIGHT. Plano…

What aircraft?

Aware!!! Thanks

1 Like

B777-300!!! Boeing!

Try to fly below 35,000 ft with speed M.78 - 80

1 Like

Well the only outcome I can think of is if you did a fuel dump or just simply made a pilot error and didn’t load enough fuel even though you said you did. If you did load with an extra 6 hours I don’t think a headwind would affect it that much to make you run out of fuel.
Did you cruise at an appropriate speed and cruise at an appropriate altitude?

1 Like

Yes MACH.0.86

nonono! That’s way to fast try M.80-83 don’t go max speed of M.87 or 86 because that’s bad .

The plane can stall if it hits strong STRONG winds.

Yes, levei 35.000 mach0.86

Ok? πŸ€·πŸ»β€β™‚οΈ Try that!

1 Like

Okay! Thanks my friend

I’ve never heard of someone stalling because there Mach speed was too high πŸ€”

I used to go .86 all the time, don’t worry about it, it’s not the safest, or most fuel efficient, but I’d be willing to bet that it’s not solely responsible for your fuel exhaustion. Maybe combined with a bad altitude, and terrible winds, and bad trim, and a longer than nessary flight plan, but not on its own…

2 Likes

before any flight I check the weather conditions that I will face.

Well it does make sense. I also never heard of someone stalling by flying too fast. But if you think about it, it can happen. As you fly faster, the critical angle of attack value decreases, if severe turbulence hits you, and the autopilot pulls up too much, it could lead to a stall. I don’t know, that’s what I think.

1 Like

Okay! Aware!

I’m not sure about that, you can run into problems going to fast, but stalling is not one of them. More airspeed never made someone stall…

2 Likes

I think there might have been some error in your initial flight planning combined with some other condition such as leaving flaps or spoilers extended. Also, it’s unnecessary to carry 4-6 hours of extra fuel. Airliners usually carry about 45 minutes of fuel plus enough fuel to an alternate and a contingency reserve. The weight of the extra fuel itself will increase your consumption. Your FL350 and M0.86 sounds okay but then again it depends on your weight. I suggest you use simbrief.com for flight planning to obtain your fuel load, altitude and speeds.

2 Likes