No Departures Accpeted for [Amount] Minutes

Do you have any reasons why you wouldn’t like it or is poorly thought out?

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

Actually, this isn’t that different from a hold at the gate. Happens when airports have delays. However, most IF pilots won’t want to actually wait for an hour at the gate :)

It’s a real life atc command so I think it would be a great idea and I’m all for it @hmkane let’s say you have a huge line of inbound like a lot of times at KNUC just broadcast attention all departing aircraft there’s a gate hold in effect for 15 minutes. If the don’t like it then hey can go spawn in some where else and if someone does take off from the grass then they get ghosted

4 Likes

Awesome idea.

2 Likes

The devs try and make this as realistic as possible and that would improve the realistics of the sim in my opinion

1 Like

It’s already been brought up they are working on other bigger stuff first, don’t be so negative about everything

2 Likes

This is a great idea

I love this idea.

A great idea. This would be nice😊

Technically like a departue delay. Especially if its “Rush hour”. Some aircraft may not be able to leave there gate.

Wonderful idea!

Would be very very helpful. I currently in cases like this, I do not allow the aircraft to taxi.

@Tyler_Shelton

Or wait, I think in real live ATC says:
[Swiss 174], expect pushback in [15] minutes [due to heavy traffic].

1 Like

That would be awesome actually!
Pilot: “N241DK Ready for pushback”
Ground: “Expect pushback in 10 minutes, N241DK”

Or maybe
Ground/Tower: “Attention all aircraft, airport is busy. Hold Position”

Or pilots would actually be quiet when you tell them to hold short. That could work too you know…

It’ll just make crowded airports more crowded. Then planes arriving later in an active airport’s day have to wait longer than the planes that spawned in before him/her. People who arrive towards the end of an active airport’s day might have to wait… a long time.