No comment !

3 Likes

Nice shots man

That’s a really close call

1 Like

Look before you enter the runway, just don’t enter the runway :)

2 Likes

You could have acted as the more mature person and went around.

2 Likes

A good example of showing how really every rule is just being ignored.
Additionally ATIS clearly stated “ no pattern work”. And not speaking of all the departures not following “straight out departures only”.

1 Like

There was no reason for me to go around as he still was not ON the active runway but entering / approaching it. The decision to initiate a go-around rests with the commander. However, a go-around must be executed as soon as any assigned flight crew member calls out “go-around”, when the aeroplane is lower than 1 000 ft above threshold elevation. As no other crew member called “ go-around” the landing was continued.
But maybe I should be ghosted for not going around after one did not hold short, then approached the active runway without clearance, just to take off for remaining in the pattern…

2 Likes

If an aircraft crosses the hold short line of the runway then it is classed as a runway incursion and the aircraft on final should go around.

6 Likes

It says in the pictures that he was departing straight out.

1 Like

Ah really?

1 Like

It doesn’t matter if Air China 122 was remaining in the pattern, departing straight out or so on.

Judging by the pictures you had time to initiate a go around and although the pilot should of followed ATC instructions, you still had time to do the responsible thing and go around.

5 Likes

I had time and was prepared to do so. But as it was not a runway incursion I did not. A runway incursion is the incorrect presence of an aircraft on the surface designated for the landing and take off of an aircraft.

Not going round in circles here, but the runway is anything past the hold short line. If an aircraft is over the hold short line, and especially by the amount shown in the pictures they are on the runway

3 Likes

Correct. I have seen people ghosted for passing the hold short line, as you are entering an active runway once you cross it.

1 Like

I am IFATC, and I have ghosted myself for it, because it classifies as ‘Entering a runway without permission’.

6 Likes

Also, imagine if he was in a A380, which is a massive aircraft. Once you cross the hold short line you are going to be protruding onto the runway making a collision very possible.

1 Like

Are we seriously bashing the OP for being in the wrong when the other aircraft is clearly entering the runway? Whether or not the OP shouldve initiated a go around, the air china shouldnt have entered the runway in the first place.

We’re not bashing the OP. He is saying that the aircraft doesn’t count as being on the runway when past the hold short line. We are just providing him some information regarding it.

I suggest taking a look through the topic before making assumptions and accusations.

1 Like

@Lufthansa061 I saw you take off.

I was the Air France 777-300ER

No one is bashing him. We were saying because Air China was over the hold short line, a go around should’ve been executed