No cockpit lights in 747

So I just noticed while flying, that there are no cockpit lights in 747. Not even at night. Tweaked the settings and all, still to no avail. Is this a bug? Or is this something that has been changed for quite a long time now?

3 Likes

I’m pretty sure the 747 never had cockpit lights, or at least not since 21.1

It used to, if it didn’t since 21.1 as u said. When the 747 was last reworked cockpit lights were added. Same goes to 747-200

But that was years ago. Sad that they had to remove that if it were the case

If you could screenshot this and maybe someone with a better understanding of that could determine what happened with them I know for a fact the 747 at one point did have a lighting effect where the instruments would glow.

747 - like F/A-18 and C-17 - is a flying potato.

There is never been any cockpit lights in the 747. The A380 has also no cockpit lights. I think this is because they are getting a bit old, and the last update for them is already a long time ago. Only one thing that is weird, is that the E-jets already have some cockpit lights….

Screenshot for proof:

Video: Infinite Flight Live ATC: Night Flight EGHH-EGGW (1080pHD) 747-400 BA (SPEEDBIRD) - YouTube

Yup it definitely used to be illuminated, I noticed that when 21.1 released, the 747 suddenly seemed so much older, even with gear tilt, but I couldn’t quite put my finger on it.

The e jets do now? omg i need to check it out

1 Like

since 21.1

huh, interesting, got removed in 21.1

They already have it for quite some time!

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.