No approach

HI ifc,
just wandering not getting angry at ifatc as obviously without them expert server would not be as expert but i often notice that when all featured airports have been oppened with tower and ground why do they not add approach to the busy airports because i notice that they just go on the non-featured airports (i am not getting angry at IFATC just wandering why they dont add approach)?
thanks marcus

1 Like

That’s up to the IFATC members to decide if they want to open app/dep or not.

2 Likes

There is Approach in Infinite flight. There is only a select few who are qualified for it though, which is why you don’t see as many people opening with it.

Mostly you see APP at the daily HUB.

7 Likes

ok thanks for that was just wandering

This can often happen when non approach certified controllers want to open and thus open a new airport as they can’t open approach frequencies since they aren’t qualified

1 Like

Controlling approach on expert server requires extensive training and you need to pass two more tests. The reason for this is because approach typically comes with a higher workload and can take some time getting used to. Additionally some of the less busier airports don’t need approach

3 Likes

ohhhh ok tanks for that

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.