No active ATC?

On my screen it says that on es no airport is being controlled. Why?

3 Likes

Because IFATC are volunteers and don’t control 24/7. They have lives, too.

10 Likes

Well, IFATC is a team of voluntary controllers. Adding onto @Altaria55, most likely, controllers can be sleeping, busy with real life, or just don’t want to control.

2 Likes

Plus I have also found that if no one is flying to an airport controlled by IFATC, they will just stop controlling because there is no action. We got to respect what the IFATC does. They volunteer hours of their lives to make our experience better.

2 Likes

Oh. Makes so much more sense nos

I believe that IFATC are required to open for at least 30 minutes or an hour, depending on their expertise.

1 Like

Fly into YSSY. I will bet you come the next hour and 10 min someone is controlling there

1 Like

Bravo airports 1 hr, Charlie is 30 min

2 Likes

Yea I would open but I’m too tired to stay open for an hour. Don’t worry though, I’m sure @Chris_Hoss will be quick to open YSSY in an hour and 5 minutes. Lol

1 Like

I thought IFATC controllers get schedules?

1 Like

That is true. We do have schedules.

Unless you’re talking about a real schedule, that tells who controls and when, and not an IFATC Schedule.

2 Likes

Nope first come first serve. Except for the IFATC schedule.

1 Like

No I’m talking about if Tyler gives you a specific airport to open at a specific time?

1 Like

No we don’t have those types.

2 Likes

Nope. The only time individual controllers are assigned times and frequencies to open is for huge events such as the IFVARB summit. Otherwise, first come, first serve.

3 Likes

Oh thanks guys you answered my question.

I’m sure someone will open soon if they haven’t already. With volunteer controllers this can be expected. 🙂Rare but can happen

10 Likes