Nigerian Independence Day - An exciting travel from Miami to Lagos

Today is 🇳🇬 Nigerian Independence Day. It is a day that is celebrated in Nigeria every year on October 1st. It marks Nigeria’s proclamation of independence under the British rule on October 1, 1960. In 1914, the Southern Nigerian protectorate was combined with the Northern Nigerian Protectorate to create the colony and protectorate which has the boarders of modern-day Nigeria. In the late 1950s, the call for independence of territories of Africa and the decline of the British Empire led to the country being granted independence in 1960 as the federation of Nigeria. Three years later, the constitution was amended and the country was declared the Federal Republic of Nigeria with Nnamdi Azikiwe, the first president.

So after this summary, I planned to fly to Nigeria from Miami on a connecting flight to New York JFK and London Heathrow with American Airlines and then to Lagos with British Airways.

First Flight
American Airlines Flight 1571 - Miami to New York JFK 🇺🇸
Aircraft: Boeing 737-800
Server: Expert
Flight Time: 2hrs 11mins

IMG_6622 Here is my first plane flight as we sit and wait for boarding announcement at Gate D12 at Miami Airport.

IMG_6623 A nice beautiful moonshot as the passengers are sleeping while I’m wide awake. Maybe the flight attendants are serving as snacks and beverages for free. I chose biscoff cookies and a Pepsi to drink.

IMG_6624 Finally, I am approaching JFK as my flight will come to a finish line for completion of my first connecting flight.

Second Flight
American Airlines Flight 106 - 🇺🇸 New York JFK to London Heathrow 🇬🇧
Aircraft: Boeing 777-200ER
Server: Expert Server
Flight Time: 5hrs 54mins

IMG_6625 OMG, I am very excited to board this Boeing 777-200ER for the very first time. I can’t wait to fly this thing as it is loading up cargo and the crew is preparing the plane for me to start boarding at Gate 12 Terminal 8

IMG_6626 As I took off from JFK, I can see my area of where grandma and I used to live when I was five years old.

Here goes the beautiful dawn as the passengers, including me wake up for breakfast to be served. How about some Egg, Ham and cheese English Muffin Sandwich with a Strawberry Yogurt and some bread with butter and jelly plus an orange juice for me to drink

A butter landing spotting a British Airways Boeing 787-10 holding short RWY 27L at London Heathrow. After this flight, I will be taking the plane train down to Terminal 5 then going through the security check for my final flight to Lagos with British Airways.

Final Flight
British Airways Flight 75 - 🇬🇧 London Heathrow to Lagos 🇳🇬
Aircraft: Boeing 777-200ER
Server: Expert
Flight Time: 5hrs 51mins

Finally, after a 1 hour layover at Gate 512, Terminal 5C, I am ready to board this flight down to Naija 🇳🇬 with the Nigerian passengers wearing their Nigerian attire. Are you ready to fly to Naija for Nigerian Independence Day? Lets Go!

IMG_6630 Another Moonshot with British Airways while at cruise at FL370 passing Niger 1 hour before TOD to Lagos. The nigerian passengers had a delicious dinner and now served dessert. I got a chocolate cake with Juice. Tasty.

IMG_6631 Thank You Jesus! In the Name of Jesus. Welcome to Lagos. Welcome to Murtala Muhammed International Airport as the passengers cheered up by clapping their hands after a smooth touchdown at Lagos RWY 18R. I am finally here in Naija ready to celebrate 🇳🇬 Nigeria Independence Day spending a night at a hotel.

And that’s my Nigerian adventure travel. Thanks for viewing my flights. Hope you guys enjoyed my 🇳🇬 Naija flight

20 Likes

Very Nice. Happy Independence Day Nigeria🇳🇬!

2 Likes

Beautiful photos!

1 Like

Wow i am craving thoes! Havent been on a flight in ages. Besides that awsome photos and happy Independence day!

Yeah I know, I decided to do this flight because it is a special day for Nigerians to celebrate

1 Like

Wow very good job my good friend @Udeme_Ekpo! Happy Independence Day to the best country in Africa, God Bless Nigeria!

Yes indeed @AviatorNikola

1 Like

Nice photos buddy! :) 🇳🇬

🇳🇬 Happy Independence Day🇳🇬

2 Likes

Thanks @PilotChrisSG for viewing my photos

1 Like

Happy Nigerian Independence Day. Love the photos🇳🇬

1 Like

Thank you @zion89

1 Like