Nicest Air-museums in North America?

You guys may be thinking: which Air museum is the nicest in all of North America? This is exactly why I made this topic. There are lots of air museums in all of North America, but which one really stands out to you? Why does it stand out to you? Have you ever been to this air museum? Please don’t criticize other people’s answers. I hope that you all enjoy my topic. :)

3 Likes

Museum of Flight
The naval museum in Pensacola
Smithsonian
Uvy Air and space museum near Dulles

1 Like

Wright Patterson USAF Museum. Free admission & parking. Four hangars of absolute awesomeness.

8 Likes

Yes, i’ve head lots of good things about that museum. Nice choice

Which one? I listed about 4

I liked the Pacific Aviation Museum. They have a few sims to fly in the museum as well. If you’re into WWII kind of stuff, then this would be a blast for you. Do make note, that you can’t necessarily drive to this museum as you have to fly across the Pacific for a few hours. Located in Pearl Harbor, Hawaii on the iconic Ford Island, you’ll be sure to find bullet holes, yes you read that correct, bullet holes on the tarmac, ramp and hangars still visible to this day.

Its been about 5 years since I was last there, but still a neat flashback into history.

5 Likes

I forgot about that one. I went the first time I went to Maui… we took a day trip to Honolulu and went to Pearl Harbor and did all that

1 Like

10/10 would recommend. Closest airport is KFFO (just kidding)! KDAY would be the airport you would want to fly into, if you can. There’s all kinds of new stuff, and I believe they just added the Memphis Belle.

4 Likes

Close to NYC is the Cradle of Aviation Museum in Garden City on Long Island. It has a good amount of exhibits, ranging from the beginning of aviation, to the world wars, to modern day aviation, and everything in between. I’ve been there plenty of times.

4 Likes

As @N1RG said, here in the D.C. area we have some of the nicest aviation museums in the world not biased at all like the Smithsonian National Air and Space along with the Udvar Hazy center out by Dulles airport. Highly recommended if you are ever in the area.

3 Likes

I totally agree.

1 Like

The National Air and Space Museum is one of my favorites! Lots of history in that building!!

2 Likes

I really like the Pima Air and Space Museum in Tucson Arizona. Many different aircraft on display, some with some pretty neat history. Such as the 707 the Iranian hostages were returned to the US on as well as JFK’s first Air Force One. They also have a bus tour through parts of the storage and scrap areas at Davis Monthan Air Force Base just across the road.

2 Likes

Wright Patterson Air Force Base for sure. I live close to it and it never gets old! It even has one if the ex-Air Force One!

2 Likes

Bhaha thanks for that. I know I can’t spell well but u knew what I meant

1 Like

It’s in the name…case closed

This was one of the popular smaller attractions around Orlando before the big 3 (Disney, Universal, Sea World) swallowed up the market. At one point, it was called Fantasy of Flight right off of Interstate 4. I had a field trip there when I was in an Aviation class in high school. It has since closed for only private events.

1 Like

The smithsonian right outside of Dulles (KIAD) is pretty cool. They have a SR71, and space shuttle (I think it’s the real endeavor) and they have some full motion flight sims.

1 Like

The Intrepid in Manhattan, NYC is a former WWII Essex-class aircraft carrier converted into an aviation museum. You’ll find lots of aircraft on the main deck, such as old Soviet MiGs, a test F-14, an A-12 (basically an SR-71), and F-16, helicopters, and Space Shuttle Enterprise. They also have some generic 360 degree sims as well. On the pier, there is a former BA Concorde (G-BOAD). Docked is the U.S.S. Growler, a Grayback-class submarine you can tour as well. One of the best air, sea, and space museums out there.

Here it is in 2009. Not shown is the Enterprise Pavilion.
Intrepid_Museum_Panorama
Credit: https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Intrepid_Museum_Panorama.jpg

4 Likes

Ive been there before. Live practically a walk away. I believe if you have base access you can visit the old Air Force One’s. They are truly incredible.

2 Likes

I recommend this museum as well, simply because I intern here :)