Newest FAA certified A/P mechanic

As many of you know I’m a mechanic, and recently transitioned from Marine to Aircraft. For the last 2 weeks I have been attending Bakers school of aeronautics In Nashville TN. We started out the first week going thru the Airframe, General, and Powerplant written tests. This was grueling, but not near as grueling as the next week preparing for the Oral & Practical test.

Well today at 7:00 am I had that test and passed before anyone else in the program. I am now an Certified Airframe, and Powerplant mechanic in the United States. This opens up a whole new realm of employment opertunitys. It’s also another giant step in my career in aviation. I share each of these milestones with you guys cause honestly Infinite flight, and it’s community is what peaked my interest in aviation again.

Thanks everyone

38 Likes

Wow! Congrats Brandon! I wish you the best! :)

1 Like

Congrats Brandon That is an amazing acheivement

2 Likes

Congrats bro! Which radial is that?

Couldn’t quite tell if its a P&W Wasp or what…

3 Likes

Congrats, nice job !!!

1 Like

Congrats Brandon. Best of luck for wherever this career path may take you!

1 Like

Congratulations! Being an A&P is a vital part of the aviation industry. Great job on passing the exam.

Also, sweet radial engine

1 Like

Well done! Are you going to try to start working for an airline, or something in the field?

1 Like

I couldn’t be more prouder. Your work ethic and commitment to this has inspired me to do the same here at Purdue and put more focus in my A&P classes. Managed to bump up one extra letter grade for you. ;)

Three more years to go!

1 Like

Nope not going to go into the airlines at this point. I’ve got small kids, and don’t want to raise them in a big city. I’m just going to stay with GA, and 135 for now.

1 Like

Congrats Brandon, much deserved!

1 Like

Congratulations Buddy!

1 Like

Are you going to be working at KSGU?

Yes that’s where I’ve been working for the last 3 years now.

1 Like

Nice airport. Did you go to A&P school or apprentice under an A&P to get your hours?

I was an apprentice under an IA for 30 months.

Very cool. Im doing the same thing (just started my process about 3 months ago).

Nice good luck it’s quiete the process, but well worth having the privileges.

3 Likes

Congrats to you, cheers!

3 Likes

Thank you. Probably wouldn’t have been here if it wasn’t for you guys, and my wife telling me to stop playing that sim and go do it for real 😂 she didn’t know if just do both lol

2 Likes