New Voting plugin for Features category

We will soon enable the official “voting” plugin for our forum and use it for our feature category. This will allow our members to vote for feature request in a similar way than our old feedback website.

Currently we sort the “features” category by “likes” (only ones that are given to each origin topic). “Votes” makes things a bit less ambiguous and can better represent what is most important to our users.

Update: the plugin is now enabled, happy voting

105 Likes

Is there a difference between the current “polling” and the upcoming “voting”?

This will help you very much to identify the best and pertinent features requests!

Nice idea 💡 Thanks Philippe ;-)

More info about the voting plugin: https://meta.discourse.org/t/discourse-voting/40121

3 Likes

The system seems to be really similar with the Infinite Flight support’s features 😊.

1 Like

The goal is to completely replace the old system (that system has already been read-only for a little while now) with this forum “feature” category.

8 Likes

This is going to be awesome! We will now be able to vote on the features? Awesome. Thanks Philippe.

1 Like

If you reload the forum you should already be able to cast your votes.

Please note that this is still an experimental feature so things might not always work as expected.

8 Likes

Just randomly visited a features thread and I see it. I’m very excited for this :)

Looked awesome Phillipe! Love it and Thanks alot! 😊. I would miss the previous “Like” system alot T-T

Will there be any limitations in casting your votes like in the old IF Support? (day = 3 votes)

1 Like

Will there be any limitations in casting your votes like in the old IF Support? (day = 3 votes)

Yes, depending on your trust level you have a different limit of allowed “active” votes:

• TL0: 2
  • TL1: 4
  • TL2: 6
  • TL3: 8

These are default values that we will most likely tweak down the road.

21 Likes

I think this should be pinned

Hope it works fine. 😀😀😀😀

Thanks for adding this!

Neat new plugin. I like it!

2 Likes

Just shooting the wind, what about the super old requests that are vital parts that are missing like gear tilt and stuff like that, that have been requested before the voting thing but had a large number of likes? Will they be buried?

1 Like

Hey Philippe, are the limits in total, or a daily limit? Sorry if the answer is obvious, but I wanted to double-check. Thanks!

(Also, has the feature category gone back to “most recent” for now, at least until more votes have been cast?)

Limit is total; so you need to make sure to cast your vote on things that you really want next. We will probably tweak those values though.

Ordering is back to default for the moment (I believe default = activity). You can see the most voted features by pressing on the “Votes” tab

4 Likes

So I assume the older topics will be buried then