New Update APPR mode

Hello guys…
I’ve just finished a flight from OMDB to HECA onboard B777-300ER… I chose to land on RWY 23C… When i arrived; i tried to activate the APPR mode but it wasn’t working at all (a message appeared that it wasn’t available)… I know there’s new method for programming the approach but when i tried to choose that specific runway there wasn’t an (ILS) indication beside it so I couldn’t assign a NAV to it… Previously i was able to choose a specific runway by long pressing on the airport’s name and choose the runway… Any idea how to use the APPR mode as the previous version? And what to do if there wasn’t an ILS indication beside the requested runway?

Hello! Try out the steps below posted by Trio. This should help you.

1 Like

Thank you… The aircraft was B777

The process should be the same across all aircraft. You’ll see the same NAV menu and options in the B777 variants.

1 Like

So there’s no chance to use the APPR mode for a runway that doesn’t have an (ILS) beside it’s name, right?!

Correct. GPS Approaches now act like Visual Approaches. Check out the tutorial below for more information on the new NAV menu.

1 Like

Thanks for offering a help… Will that be applicable to all aircrafts in IF?
What confuses me is that according to Navigraph charts; runway 23C in HECA has an ILS approach but unfortunately not in IF which contradicts the real life situation…

Did you click on the airport then select the runway from there?

I tried to do that but the required runway didn’t have an (ILS) indication near its name so the APPR mode wasn’t available… I couldn’t adjust my flight plan as it was programmed with waypoints in line with that runway; so disconnected the AP and flew the entire approach manually with some nose down🤦‍♂️

1 Like

Yeah I see now.

1 Like

Yep, I see that 23C and 05C should both be ILS runways at HECA according to this source. This is an issue that the Airport Editors can take a look at. @Major-Tom Any help here?

1 Like

So we should check if the required runway at the destination is equipped with ILS or not as a part of pre-departure preparation in order to adjust the flight plan accordingly… I feel that things get a bit complicated regarding approach 🤷‍♂️

It’ll take some time to get used to. Make sure you check out all the new tutorials as they will help immensely. Keep in mind, APPR doesn’t need to be used all the time. Hand flying doesn’t hurt ;)

1 Like

I always hand fly my aircraft after i use the APPR mode to align me with the runway after intercepting both ILS components

I mad a issue for it in the Navigation database. No word when it will be solved.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.