New United - Safety Is Global III Safety Video

The time has come and United have created a new safety video, It’s becoming common now for safety videos to venture out into the real world and show different sites, countries while demonstrating the safety features onboard the aircraft to entice passengers to watch while ensuring safety. Airlines like Qantas and Singapore Airline have something similar.

What do you think of this new one, is it good enough for safety purposes and for viewer enjoyment or do other airlines do it better? I personally like it and feel that it clearly explains all the safety features and what to do in an emergency.

15 Likes

definitely less boring than most safety videos, i can tell you that. Btw a fun video to watch

3 Likes

Very nice idea. Loved the numbers on people running the marathon in the Manhattan scene!

1 Like

That’s one of the best I’ve seen so far! More interesting than Thompson’s 5 year olds that are probably at least 15 by now

1 Like

Did someone say global?!?!!

As long as they clearly explain the important stuff, I think it’s nice to add a little bit of fun to the mix 😉

3 Likes

As a big United fan, I think this is a wicked cool safety video. Virgin America’s safety video is the best though in my opinion

2 Likes

Flying on United in November, hopefully I’ll be able to see it!

1 Like

Airlines say safety is first, when actually money is first.

4 Likes

I am not so sure. There is always a balance of those two, but never one and not the other.

1 Like

I disagree, airlines believe money is first, but the amount a death or crash can damage their name and loose them money, they take safety as a priority too.

2 Likes

That’s exactly what I mean when I say “balance” :)
Anyways back on topic!

Great video! I love how many fun and creative safety videos are coming out lately. British Airways, Delta and Singapore Airlines are just some of the other great ones;-)

If you happen to see it, you’ll need to be on mainline aircraft with TV screens such as the B737, B767, B777, B787, or the B747(overhead screens), I believe it may be on the B757 on select aircraft as well. Essentialy Boeing… If you happen to be on an A320 or any regional craft they will plane the manufactuer demonstration on the PA.

I’ll be flying on the E145, B753, B789, B737, I don’t think that will be an issue. ;)

1 Like

United is now littering…great!

Refer to 02:27

5 Likes

Whoever drew the B787 at 0:57 is a really good artist!

1 Like

I take it Deecrusher is not a pilot for United then 😂

3 Likes

It’s nice. The pilot in the beginning can be a little more enthusiastic though lol. I wil still give it a 10/10 would fly again.

1 Like

I’ve noticed that people are more likely to listen to you if you keep them interested and entertained along the way. The video is both entertaining and informative, so hopefully it will be useful in the event of an actual emergency.

4 Likes

I’ll watch in when I get a chance. I always love watching these though. Seeing how airlines try to keep their passengers engaged in the safety recording.