New to the game

Hey there. I am new to this community and eager to learn and get started. I have been reading up on a lot of tutorials for this game, as well as some tips from players in the community. I was hoping some members could give me a few pointers and important info on the game and community itself that arent necessarily implied already. Any and all help is appreciated, and positivity always helps! Thanks again!

9 Likes

Well… to post in #real-world-aviation and #features you need to be Trust level 2. And to join into lounge you need to be trust level three.

https://meta.discourse.org/t/what-do-user-trust-levels-do/4924

To get to higher trust levels - keep posting and being active - before you know it you will be a member (TL2)

Here’s a little information about beginning the community:

Always good to see new members in the community 😃

(If you have any questions ask the moderators or me - we’ll be happy to help 🙂

6 Likes

Welcome! To learn more about the community, check this post.

If you have any question about the workings of the forum, the community, trust levels or topics, you can contact me, or any other regular, and (most of us ;) ) will be happy to help. Concerning trust levels, you must be TL1 to private message users on the community. You are currently TL0. To post in #features, #real-world-aviation, and #live:va you must reach TL2. to post in #tutorials you must be TL3, as well as getting access to an off-topic lounge category. If you read and contribute positively, you’ll reach the next trust levels really soon!

To see any tips on the simulator itself check the tutorials section of the forum. Mark, Tyler and others work very hard to improve the quality of the pilots we see in the simulator in this section.

3 Likes

Hi, I have a recommendation for an article on the forum. If you ever need help knowing what you can post, search " trust levels "

Welcome! For the community read the guidelines listed below;)

In the game, just practice a lot. Practice only landings and takeoffs. Once you master that, watch all the tutorials to get deeper in the game and learn more components like ILS and ATC commands

Like said above, use the Beginners forum… But also, if you need any further help; feel free to contact me

Awesome! Great to see you made it here.

You’ve already seen some good links. So I won’t repeat them.

Apart from this Community, IF has another ‘knowledge base’, and these are the video training series on YouTube. Link below - the ILS approach video is just one of many short instructions made by Mark.

Have fun!

1 Like

Thanks so much for the replys. I will be sure to check out the posts and recommendations. Happy flying!

4 Likes

Hi. Welcome to the forum. Please have a browse of some of the topics below. They are useful guides and collections of information created by the community and moderators that will help you understand how this forum works.

A Beginners Guide to the Forum

The Moderation on the Forum

Respect on the Forum

The following two are guides for pilot and atc tutorials. The will link you to specific information that may be of use. The tutorials are created by by FDS staff members.

Pilot Tutorial Guide

ATC Tutorial Guide

4 Likes

Closed as we cannot have 26,000 topics like these. If you have any more questions please feel free to PM any senior forum member.