New to IF and creating flight plans

Hi guys, I new around these parts. Have been flying with IF now for around 4/5weeks and I’m curious as to how people are selecting their routes… is there somewhere good to generate them? Or do people manually create their own? Any help or tips would be greatly appreciated!😀👨🏻‍✈️

You can use https://fpltoif.com/

1 Like

Hey mate,

Firstly, welcome!

Secondly, a lot of us use some websites to create our flight plans. These include fpltoif.com and also Simbrief. Simbrief is the one I use and it’s fantastic.

Hope this helps you out mate!

2 Likes

Maybe to add to the comment above: fpltoif.com sources its flightplans from sites like SimBrief, converts the waypoints to Infinite flight friendly waypoints and simplifies the overview of the flightplan details. If you wish for the most in-depth and detailed flight plan information, even on a real world level, I would recommend you to directly use SimBrief (its free).

2 Likes

Hey there! If you need any help or tips on creating a flight plan AviatorDan made a tutorial of his own and I find it very helpful!

1 Like

Hey there and welcome! As shown above there is fpltoif and simbrief to use to generate FPLs.

For a simple one that I started out using, you could try.

1 Like

Thanks for the advice, buddy! And the welcome 👨🏻‍✈️ I’ll give that simbrief look now! 😃

Awesome, Thanks for the advice, buddy 😃

1 Like

You’re more than welcome! Happy flying and a good flight to San Francisco :D

1 Like

is it me or do the fuel burn rates and calculations vary significantly between simbrief and IF ? especially on the boing 777’s - i end up loading way more fuel then required if following simbrief resulting in needed fuel dumps to reach MLW
anyone knows ? thank you

Depends. I agree, using simbrief you’re always on the safe side. How much reserve fuel do you set? I always keep it to a minimum. And I never round up. So I’m always in the sweet spot: not too much, never too less.

1 Like

i usually take 30 min of reserve - but i think whats happening is the fuel burn rates dont match - sometimes by as much as 1000-1500 kg per hr