New To Flight Sim

Hello Everybody,hope you all are having a great week ! Anyways I’m completely new to flight sims ,and just recently got into aviation! But I really want to learn about how to be a good pilot ,but I don’t even know where to begin,or what to practice first, So may question is what I should learn first ,and so on ,so that I can one day be a good pilot.

3 Likes

Welcome to the community! We are glad to have you here. You can find some great material and conversations in the #tutorials section of our forum. Below are some useful links that you can click on. Hope you enjoy your stay!

Chris Levet

A Beginners Guide to the Forum

The Moderation on the Forum

Respect on the Forum

The following two are guides for pilot and atc tutorials. The will link you to specific information that may be of use. The tutorials are created by FDS staff members.

Pilot Tutorial Guide

ATC Tutorial Guide

6 Likes

To add onto what @Levet said:

You can check out our latest update for Infinite Flight here:

Infinite Flight 18.2 Release

:)

1 Like

@jono3313. MaxSez. Welcome Aboard. Flying on IF; Start with small aircraft, the Cessna-172 is best, when you can control it then go bigger craft incrementally. Read the Tutorials, Basics first. To fully appreciate the real and sim aviation world get a free copy of the FAA “Pilots Handbook of Aeronautical Knowledge”. Down load the pub in PDF Form off the Web at faa.gov. it takes patience, perserverence, study and practice to succeed here. Go for it, you’ll soon be soreing with the IF Eagles and eaglets.
Good Luck & Semper Fi Shipmate…

4 Likes

This is an Amazing Game! The CRJ update actually game out a few hours ago! Hope you Enjoy your Stay!

1 Like

Infinite flight tutorials are a great place to start understanding aviation! I’d start by doing patterns in small aircraft then go bigger. Then do as MaxSez for basics. If you want to go super advanced FAA knowledge try the FAA AIM (Aeronautical Information Manual), current 29MAR18. Any questions ask around.

1 Like

Welcome on behalf of the staff here at Infinite Flight. Let us know if we can do anything to help you! 🙂

2 Likes

You found this place, logged in, and made this post on the IF Community (IFC). This alone, makes me happy, as it shows you’re serious and you want to do this well. Well done!

IF is so much more then a Sim: it’s a little world on its own. The great features of IF, apart from its spectacular scenerey and great aircrafts, is Live flight, where you are participating with other aircrafts and air traffic controllers, in a virtual aviation world. Secondly, this Forum, where staff, moderators, air traffic controllers (ATCs) and pilots meet, have fun and help eachother, is a key part of the IF world.

Spend much time here. Check the #tutorials pages, ask questions, like and reply to posts. There’s a enourmous amount of experience and knowledge here.

I’m sure you will fit right in.

Welcome!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.