New to ATC

Hello,

After watching a few videos of live ATC on YouTube I’m interested in controlling ATC by myself. I feel like I understand the basic concept, but haven’t really started to fly on live yet. I see other people posting some “training” topics. Do I need to open one of these too or go through some sort of training before I can begin controlling?

Thanks in advanced.

Hello! You can make a atc tracking thread where you tell people when you are controlling an airport. It has to be in the ATC category and the title has to be formatted a specific way so please check that. Good luck with ATC!

2 Likes

If you are thinking of just being an ATC on Training Server, just choose air traffic control and pick a region other than SoCal. (Usually full of noobs and crowded)

If you want to be a IFATC (controlling on Expert) then make sure you meet the requirements:

And then contact a recruiter, best of luck! 😊

2 Likes

Not qualified for IFATC yet, but I think I am for the training server. Thanks for the assistance guys!

1 Like

I’d definitely recommend making a tracking thread and telling the community what airport you’re at. Ask for feedback too :)

1 Like

Recommend having a look at the Tutorials to start with to get an idea of how it works, then jump into a position on SoCal and get some hands on experience then go back to the tutorials to help cerment your knowledge and experience.

Once you have got the basics, especially if you are serious about joining IFATC, then would find a quieter airport away from Socal and get more experience and try different techniques. By using a tracking thread you can get sone people who can provide some feedback and when you are ready you can go ahead and contact a IFATC recruiter for the next stage.

Good luck and welcome to the Infinte Flight family!

1 Like

Ok, I’ve watched the ATC tutorials on YouTube and will get “some hands on experience” :D thanks!

1 Like

Hey Man!!

You can Make An ATC tracking thread where you announce when you are open/closed and in what airfield! Make sure to change the title accordingly to avoid confusion :)

2 Likes

Making a tracking thread is probably the best way to go to get people at your airport. When I was in your position I stayed well clear of SoCal TS1 as most there don’t know how to fly never mind communicate with ATC. Hope to see you controlling the globe soon.

2 Likes

Welcome it’s always good to hear from people wanting to learn prior to opening. Have a look at the ATC tutorial guide this lists all the ATC tutorials in order.

As for needing to post here it’s not required, but will help you with feedback from the community. If you have questions feel free to PM me at any time.
✌️

2 Likes

Thanks for the help everyone and best of luck on your ATC conquest Sal ;)