[NEW] SWISS International VA Official Thread | Connecting The World Through Excellenece

SWISS International VA Official IFC Thread

We are IFVARB approved verification

Official Website

Announcment%20Icon

Opening Statement From Our President

As most of you will now know, I will be taking over from Alfie Malik as President of SWISS International VA (SIVA). It will be a challenge to fill the shoes of two past presidents who I can’t thank enough for the effort and passion they put into getting SIVA to where it is today.

I started off as the Flight Supervisor here at SIVA, and this was a role that I throughly enjoyed fulfilling. After the surprise resignation of founding President Sam ‘Yacht’ Lehman, VP Alfie Malik stepped up and offered me the now open position of SIVA Vice President - naturally I grabbing the role with with both hands.

Fast forward to today and with the unfortunate resignation of our two brilliant former presidents, I now speak to you as SIVA’s new president. I know all the past resignations inadvertently had an impact on SIVA during the last few months, and I truly do understand the struggle staff and pilots alike felt so I would like to so say a special thank you to everyone for their support. SIVA wouldn’t be the same without same without the dedication of our staff and of course all those who choose to fly the SWISS flag along side us.

I promise do my upmost to take SIVA above and beyond what is expected of a VA and hopefully restore the passion and make the SIVA community proud.

Charlie Hindle, President of SWISS International VA

Our Mission Statement

Read our mission statement below to find out more about our objectives as a VA.

Mission Statement

SWISS International VA has the goal of bringing unparalleled excellence to the Infinite Flight Community, whilst still maintaining the incredibly exciting and joyous aspects of a Virtual Airline Membership.

Everything we do is done with the utmost quality; a perfect representation of the excellence shown by the real-life Swiss Air Lines, and of Swiss design in general.

Our team is made up of dedicated staff who bring substantial experience in VA development and operations; thus allowing our pilots to reach new heights and experience a real-world airline through our immersive CrewCentre housed in our all-in-one website. We use real-life routes for Swiss and Edelweiss which consist of our 1000+ schedules which pilots are able to fly.

Staff%20Icon

Our Team

At SWISS International VA we have the most dedicated staff team who have had previous management experience in the development and operations of other Virtual Airlines. Find a list of our incredible staff team below.

Current Staff List

Charlie Hindle - President - @Chindle_1204
Beau Giles - Vice President - @Beau_Giles
Amir Hussein - Digital Brand Director - @Amir_Hussein
Daniel ‘Aceorbit’ Rilschi - IFC Events Manager - @Aceorbit
William Verhagen Melin - Flight Supervisor - @CPTWilliam
Jeylan Beck - In-house Events Manager - @Swiss69

Staff Vacancy List

Staff Vacancy - Public Relations Manager

Role Description

• Manage and post images to our Instagram account (minimum three updates per week) including responding to comments etc
  • Updating our IFC Thread appropriately each week as necessary
  • Working closely with SIVA’s Events Management team and Digital Brand Director to promote and organise SIVA IFC events
  • Maintain an active visible presence at SIVA events

Applicant Requirements

• You must be aged 15 or above
  • You must be Grade 3 or above on Infinite Flight
  • You must have an active Infinite Flight Pro Subscription or are expecting to get one promptly
  • You must be in good standing with the IFVARB and IFC (Not be on the IFVARB Blacklist and have no prior suspensions from the IFC. Exceptions may be made on very rare occasions

To apply, please send a PM to @SwissVirtual on the IFC.

Codeshare%20Icon

Our Codeshare Partners

At SWISS International VA, we pride ourselves in having already established codeshare routes with some of Infinite Flight’s leading and well-known Virtual Airlines. Our codeshares currently are as follows:

Etihad Virtual Airways - @Amaar_Viqar - Etihad Virtual Thread
South African Virtual Airlines - @Owain_G - South African Virtual Thread
TAP Air Portugal Virtual - @Narruto_Mieumieu - TAP Air Portugal Virtual Thread
Singapore Virtual Airlines - @Transport_Hub - Singapore Airlines Virtual Thread
Non Stop Virtual - @OC212 - Non Stop Virtual Thread
Air India Virtual Virtual - @Prasoon_S - Air India Virtual Thread

Plane%20Icon

Our Fleet and Destinations

SWISS International VA operate a wide range of fleet for our pilots to enjoy. This diverse list means that we have a great mixture of short haul and long haul routes, which are extremely accommodating to all members. We also emulate a database with over 1000+ real-life routes flown by SWISS and Edelweiss.

Fleet List

A318-100 - Operated by SwissPeak
A319-100 - SWISS International
A320-200 - SWISS International and Edelweiss
A321-200 - SWISS International
A330-300 - SWISS International and Edelweiss
A340-300 - SWISS International and Edelweiss
B777-300ER - SWISS International
MD-11 - Operated by SwissPeak

More information about our fleet

Application%20icon

Become a SWISS International VA Pilot

Pilots applying to join SWISS International VA are required to complete an application before joining. We operate on strong pilot expertise, so our minimum pilot requirements are relatively strict. Please review our entry requirements prior to application.

Our Entry Requirements
  • You must be aged 15 or above.
  • You must be Grade 3 or above on Infinite Flight.
  • You must have an active Infinite Flight Pro Subscription or are expecting to get one promptly.
  • You must be in good standing with the IFVARB and IFC (Not be on the IFVARB Blacklist and have no prior suspensions from the IFC. Exceptions may be made on very rare occasions.
  • You must be able to fly and log at least 3 flights per month.

Apply Today By Clicking Here!

23 Likes

Real good looking, great job with the new thread.

2 Likes

Thanks for the kind words @CPTWilliam. We really appreciate it!

-CH

1 Like

Looking good

2 Likes

Thanks @OC212. It’s been a long time in the making!

-CH

2 Likes

4 Likes

What a great photograph! Thanks for sending it!

-CH

2 Likes

If anyone knows someone who might be interested, please share this vacancy.

5 Likes

Congrats to @CPTWilliam our fantastic flight supervisor who is this weeks photo completion winner!

This stunning retro shot was taken at Kai Tak, on one of our famous ‘Throwback Swiss’ routes. These 20 routes are famous retro SWISS Airlines flights in the MD-11.

Whether you’re looking for an ultra long haul flight across the equator to Buenos Aries, or a mid-haul flight across to the bustling metropolis of Tehran - this is just a taste of the excellence SIVA offers!

In this shot, we can see our MD-11 touching down across the ramp from Misha Camp in the stunning Infinite Flight MD-11!

Tune in next week for our second photo competition!

View this post on Instagram

A post shared by SWISS International VA (SIVA) (@swissinternationalva) on Jun 15, 2019 at 10:24am PDT

5 Likes

Great to be the first winner. I remember KaiTak was very hectic that day and as always the final turn was amazing. Can’t wait to see what pics are yet to come =).

1 Like

I’m 14, so I can’t join. I’m also a pilot in training, which makes me more serious then other IF pilots. Yet I still can’t join.
Why must there be an age limit?

1 Like

Beautiful thread!

1 Like

Congrats CPTWilliam! :)

1 Like

Thanks @Aceorbit =)

2 Likes

SWISS International VA & Partners Present: LGBTQ+ Pride Celebration Fly-Out Event!

It’s time to get out the rainbow flags and glitter for an event we can all be proud of.

As we see it, embracing people’s individuality is a matter of basic human dignity and civil rights. It also turns out to be great for our VA community, we’ve found that when people feel valued for who they are, they have the comfort and confidence to give their best whatever that may be.

Our LGBTQ+ Pride fly-out will be a joyous commemoration of the brave trailblazers, campaigners and supporters who shaped the Pride movement around the world helping achieve equality regardless of sexuality, race, gender, age or ability. 2019 is also extra special as we celebrate the 50th anniversary of the 1969 Stonewall Inn uprising that ignited the Pride movement as we know it today.

Come and join us, and six other organisations from the Infinite Flight Community on 2019-06-29T11:00:00Z and embrace people’s right to individuality by showing your support for LGBTQ+ people all over the world.

verification Official SWISS International VA event

control%20tower ATC will be specially available at LSZH for the event

Click here to check out the event thread and further info!

5 Likes

Bild Bild
always a pleasure to see fellow SIVA‘s at Zurich❤️

3 Likes

Fully established on the ILS Rwy 14, cleared to Land, Swiss 139 Heavy.
Always good to be back home after a long Journey.
Short final approach into Homebase Zurich after a 12hr Flight from Hong Kong.

5 Likes

Is it still vacant

I’ve applied hoping to join you all at the gates soon

Zurich yesterday evening

3 Likes

remember that, we flied out to Hong Kong, I arrived earlier today back home in Zurich