[NEW] SWISS International VA Official Thread | Connecting The World Through Excellence | SIVA

SWISS International VA Official IFC Thread

We are IFVARB approved verification

Official Website

Announcment%20Icon

Opening Statement From Our President

‘’ As most of you will now know, I will be taking over from Beau Giles as President of SWISS International VA (SIVA). It will be a challenge to fill the shoes of two past presidents who I can’t thank enough for the effort and passion they put into getting SIVA to where it is today.

I started off as the Digital Brand Director at SIVA, and this was a role that I throughly enjoyed fulfilling.

Fast forward to today and with the unfortunate resignation of our brilliant former presidents, I now speak to you as SIVA’s new president. I know all the past resignations inadvertently had an impact on SIVA during the last few months, and I truly do understand the struggle staff and pilots alike felt so I would like to so say a special thank you to everyone for their support. SIVA wouldn’t be the same without same without the dedication of our staff and of course all those who choose to fly the SWISS flag along side us.

I promise do my upmost to take SIVA above and beyond what is expected of a VA and hopefully restore the passion and make the SIVA community proud. ’’

- Amir Hussein, President of SWISS International VA

Our Mission Statement

Read our mission statement below to find out more about our objectives as a VA.

Mission Statement

SWISS International VA has the goal of bringing unparalleled excellence to the Infinite Flight Community, whilst still maintaining the incredibly exciting and joyous aspects of a Virtual Airline Membership.

Everything we do is done with the utmost quality; a perfect representation of the excellence shown by the real-life Swiss Air Lines, and of Swiss design in general.

Our team is made up of dedicated staff who bring substantial experience in VA development and operations; thus allowing our pilots to reach new heights and experience a real-world airline through our immersive CrewCentre housed in our all-in-one website. We use real-life routes for Swiss and Edelweiss which consist of our 1500+ schedules which pilots are able to fly.

Staff%20Icon

Our Team

At SWISS International VA we have the most dedicated staff team who have had previous management experience in the development and operations of other Virtual Airlines. Find a list of our incredible staff team below.

Current Staff List

Amir Hussein - President - @Amir_Hussein
William Verhagen Melin - Vice President - @CPTWilliam
Leah Ott - Public Relations Director - @SunDown
Richard Hampton - Events Director - @CO99

Codeshare%20Icon

Our Codeshare Partners

At SWISS International VA, we pride ourselves in having already established codeshare routes with some of Infinite Flight’s leading and well-known Virtual Airlines. Our codeshares currently are as follows:

Etihad Virtual Airways - @Amaar_Viqar - Etihad Virtual Thread
South African Virtual Airlines - @Springbok777 - South African Virtual Thread
TAP Air Portugal Virtual - @Narruto_Mieumieu - TAP Air Portugal Virtual Thread
Singapore Virtual Airlines - @TwinsRock88 - Singapore Airlines Virtual Thread
Air India Virtual - @Prasoon_S - Air India Virtual Thread
United Virtual Airlines - @Blake_Stephens - United Virtual Thread
EVA Virtual Corporation - @TaipeiGuru - EVC Thread

Plane%20Icon

Our Fleet and Destinations

SWISS International VA operate a wide range of fleet for our pilots to enjoy. This diverse list means that we have a great mixture of short haul and long haul routes, which are extremely accommodating to all members. We also emulate a database with over 1000+ real-life routes flown by SWISS and Edelweiss.

Fleet

A318-100 - Operated by SwissPeak
A319-100 - SWISS International
A320-200 - SWISS International and Edelweiss
A321-200 - SWISS International
A330-300 - SWISS International and Edelweiss
B777-300ER - SWISS International
MD-11 - Operated by SwissPeak
More information about our fleet

Become a SWISS International VA Pilot

Pilots applying to join SWISS International VA are required to complete an application before joining. We operate on strong pilot expertise, so our minimum pilot requirements are relatively strict. Please review our entry requirements prior to application.

Our Entry Requirements
  • You must be aged 15 or above.
  • You must be Grade 3 or above on Infinite Flight.
  • You must have an active Infinite Flight Pro Subscription or are expecting to get one promptly.
  • You must be in good standing with the IFVARB and IFC (Not be on the IFVARB Blacklist and have no prior suspensions from the IFC. Exceptions may be made on very rare occasions.
  • You must be able to fly and log at least 3 flights per month

Apply Today By Clicking Here!

Join the staffing team today!

Below is a list of our crrent staffing vacancies - if there are none present then please check later. We’re sure a position perfect for you will be open soon!

Vacancies

Here is a testimonial from our newest staffing member @CO99 - our Events Manager.

‘‘Swiss Virtual was the first VA I’ve joined, and I honestly don’t see me being anywhere else. Pilots and Staff work together to make SIVA a welcoming and enjoyable place for everyone. We have a fantastic mix of pilots, of all ages and experiences, and I am excited to be able to contribute to the ongoing development of Swiss Virtual.’’

There are currently no staffing positions up for grabs. Watch this space!

5d1494e300c63dbe5c195658ba0f856df856086b_2_830x537

30 Likes

Wonderful thread and I’m proud to have been a staff member at this VA! And look forward to seeing SIVA progress!

Charlie

3 Likes

Thanks @Chindle_1204 We hope that this new chapter of ours lasts long and prosperous.

-WVM

3 Likes

Man I personally love Swiss.

2 Likes

Lovely thread, nice to have your codeshares at AIVA!

5 Likes

I want to join but I am underage.

Just applied, can’t wait to see if I’m in or not.

One of my fav VA …I ranked up the fastest at SIVA and they have awesome aircraft choices …
It’s ways fun fly over the Alps…😍
Richard and team are 😍
Thank you SIVA
tack allihopa
Var försiktig

3 Likes

#throwbackthursday🔙 to the good old Times at Kai Tak… our beautiful MD-11 sits at the Gate watching another MD-11 coming in via the iconic Checkerboard Approach…

thanks @CPTWilliam for this Picture

Join SIVA today and join him flying that glorious Bird.

-LO

5 Likes

It’s been a while since anything has been posted on this Account and we’d say it’s about time we announce something! After a few months of back and forth we’re glad to announce that we are finally getting @Turkish_Airlines_VA Codeshares! With this codeshare we have added the A33F for those of whom are craving some cargo ops and many long haul single isle flights! Or perhaps widebodies are more your style, we got that too! Enjoy the new codeshares and have a continued good weekend. Happy Birthday Switzerland 🇨🇭

6 Likes

Great to be partnered with you! 🇹🇷🇨🇭

5 Likes

@SwissVirtual Hello, I applied a few days ago, like 3-5 but i still haven’t heard back. Any news?

Why does every VA have to have 15+ age requirements? 😭 I wish I could join, awesome thread, guys. :)

3 Likes

So since I fly for UVAL, using the codeshare agreements, I can fly for swiss right?

It is no way for me to join right? I am not 15 yet.

Unless you have a codeshare right?

If you are in another VA that has codeshares with SIVA, you can fly those codeshare routes. But you have to be 15 to join SIVA and file piraps for them.

Va’s have specific codeshare routes?

I thought you could do all routes?

Yes, they have specific codeshare routes not all routes for the most part. BAVA for example have many codeshares with American, but not many with Latam. Still latam operates more than those routes shares with BAVA and the same for American.

VAs usually have the codeshares the airline uses in real life. So that mean that BA and American are bigger partners than BA and latam.

Keep in mind that it is up to the VA to choose if they want realistic partnerships or not, so it might not be that all codeshares are completely like real life for all VAs :) (most VAs though operate like the real airline)