New style, who dis? - Spotting at KDEN, February 21st, 2021 (Part 1)

What’s KDEN

2 Likes

Denver International Airport (IATA: DEN , ICAO: KDEN , FAA LID: DEN ), locally known as DIA , is an international airport in the Western United States, primarily serving metropolitan Denver, Colorado, as well as the greater Front Range Urban Corridor. At 33,531 acres (52.4 sq mi; 135.7 km2),[3] it is the largest airport in North America by land area and the second largest in the world, behind King Fahd International Airport.[4] Runway 16R/34L, with a length of 16,000 feet (3.03 mi; 4.88 km), is the longest public use runway in North America and the seventh longest in the world. The airport is 25 miles (40 km) driving distance from Downtown Denver,[5] which is 19 miles (31 km) farther away than Stapleton International Airport, the airport DIA replaced.[6]

Opened in 1995, DEN currently has non-stop service to 215 destinations amongst 23 different airlines throughout North America, Latin America, Europe, and Asia; it is the fourth airport in the U.S. to exceed 200 destinations.[7] The airport is a hub for both United Airlines and Frontier Airlines and a base for Southwest Airlines. With over 35,000 employees, the airport is the largest employer in Colorado. The airport is located on the western edge of the Great Plains and within sight of the Front Range of the Rocky Mountains.

1 Like

I am still very confused what KDEN is

1 Like

it be big airport with mountains in back

Secret illuminati base tbh

2 Likes

Big airport wit mountains got it

1 Like

In one spotting picture at KDEN why was this Fire Tankers at KDEN?

Because there were fires

and also that’s probably not DEN

5 Likes

That’s not KDEN, it’s KBJC. There was fires in October of 2020, so that’s why there was an air tanker base up at BJC.

Cool I didn’t know that KBJC was a Tanker base is it rare to see Fire Tankers at the airport

If there’s fires nearby, there should be tankers. They come here often due to wildfires in the mountains. If you have any more questions, feel free to shoot me a private message!

1 Like

Luke_ STA I created a private message so we can talk to each other

LUKE I LOVE THESE SHOTS. WE NEED TO MEET UP ghshueuhshdhdjdhdhd

1 Like

Seizure alert, hasn’t eaten enough oatmeal. Shame on you @AndrewWu.

3 Likes

Nice plane = nice picture
Seriously though, very impressive pictures!

1 Like

THANK YOU TYLER

THAT IS TRUE

I DON’T KNOW WHAT THIS MEANS BUT OK

haha shaming wu go brr

thank you mr. a220 man

1 Like

Haha I see you heard of me and my second home called the A220 feature request lol

1 Like