New speed limit violations

I am very confused about the new speed limit violations, when i am climing i reduce my vertical speed, but i keep on having to slow down as i get higher, anyone know how it works?

1 Like

well I believe it is 250 knots below 10,000. however really you should be allowed to have that lifted however i don’t think that is supported on IF…

As you get higher in altitude, your airspeed decreases (because of a lack of oxygen); however, your ground speed will not change according to altitude.
Don’t go above 250 knots below 10,000 ft. Don’t go above 350 knots (airspeed) above 10,000 ft. If you want to go faster than 350 knots airspeed, climb to a higher altitude.

MaxSez… @Callumgibbs4 Wiki “Bernoulli’s Principle”. Suggest you get a copy of the fee FAA Publication “The Pilots Handbook” it’s available at faa.gov it’s got all the ansewers.

2 Likes

I climbed to 22500 ft and I still had the flight restriction of 350 knots. I am not sure what the ranges are to go faster than 350 knots, but if it is posted somewhere, that would be helpful.

I believe 40,000 feet is the magic number (:

That’s the top speed. On flight tracker they seem faster, since it measures the ground speed. They also go faster when allowed by the Tower. This is made to make it easier for the Tower to control the traffic when busy

I climbed to 22500 ft and I still had the flight restriction of 350 knots. I am not sure what the ranges are to go faster than 350 knots, but if it is posted somewhere, that would be helpful.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.