New Speed Controls on Approach

wow, a great feature coming. It will really help control the flow of aircraft and improve fluidity .

3 Likes

I love how in-depth this article went into the concept of speed commanding, this has to be my favorite by far. Well done, and I’m looking forward to using this when 21.1 comes out!

13 Likes

Wow, stellar blog post Regan! I can’t wait for this feature! :D

2 Likes

Agreed! Regan nailed this one. Not bad for a first article!

16 Likes

Fantastic news! I already implement these standard speeds on all of my approaches, but it will be fantastic to have this officially implemented and used. Thanks for the news and effort!

5 Likes

Oh boy! This will be great to practice during radar training.

Superb work, guys! Excellent blog too, Regan!

3 Likes

now this is something that’ll make me get off ES for good lol

2 Likes

Well done, Regan! 🙌

1 Like

nice article dude!

1 Like

Now that is cool! Can’t wait to see this in action!

1 Like

A very informative blog post. I’m very excited for this feature! Should make managing aircraft much easier on final.

4 Likes

Fantastic! I look forward in anticipation, such exciting times!!
Thanks @RAH for the blog

1 Like

Have been wanting this for a long time. Great job with the execution

1 Like

Beautifully written, Regan. These new and improved speed commands will be a fantastic addition to controlling, and I can’t wait to start using it! Fantastically written article!

3 Likes

Thank GOD this is being added! I getting sick and tired of constantly going around because someone 3 miles ahead of me slams on the brakes and loses separation.

3 Likes

Great blog! I’m looking forward for this new feature.

1 Like

Awesome feature! This should also lighten tower’s workload a bit as they won’t need to ask for slowest practical speed or best forward speed as often.

Another extremely cool feature !
Nice work 👏 !

This is very cool, it will improve the realism a lot 👍🎂🥳

Super small but super helpful. Thanks for explaining!

1 Like