New server

Don’t know. I’m just propossing a new idea😂. But don’t know if it could be solved in a near future with metal project… With the taxiways changing the colour from green to red or what. Let’s see

That’s because Unicom is for communications between pilots, there’s no sense in having ATC at every airport in the world if not everybody flies there.

Overall I don’t see this happening. If the servers were separated and a new one were to be created, then:

1. There would be a massive drop of users on the new server making it “empty” as well as the former expert server being left to dry

2. Adding new servers is costly

3. Infinite Flight’s main goal is to have a world that everybody can explore with pilots all around them. If you switch the server order, then pilots are going to quit because of the lack of interest.

I can see what you’re going at, but in my opinion some extra accounts on an online forum shouldn’t decide whether or not a simulator is worth it or not. At the end of the day, all IF players are paying customers and all deserve to be treated the same. I would check out Jason’s reply on the topic linked below.

2 Likes

I want voice chatting so bad - although I know there will be a bunch of safeguarding issues that go with it, and it would have to be heavily, heavily moderated. But I reckon that if you got a team together of community volunteers who listen to recordings that have been flagged by users and take appropriate action… then it might work…?

But I suppose too that it’s already been said and the harms already been done, and even if said person is blacklisted from the game, what was said would still be there.

It’s a tricky one, and a feature that I would love to see coming, although I doubt it will anytime soon/if ever!

However, going back to the new server idea - I would love to see it! As ‘expert’ as the expert server is, there are quite a few flaws with it, and having a server where people’s contact info would be readily available would make them think twice before cutting in-front of someone etc!

Also forcing someone to have a community account would possibly make people on that server feel more like a community?

Anyway - its a great idea!! :)

Yes, your are right, but just saying that it would be great to see that, anyway, if a day i would like to fly to my city for example, i woukd like to have atc. Don’t matter if unicom or real ATC. Cause as i said before, if the airport just have a taxiway, and i’m taxiing to runwat, but you are taxiing to gate, i would like to have somebody telling me or you to stop

It’s too time consuming, having to work an automated atc which in real life does not occur seems unneeded. Your advised to act on instinct and avoid conflicts and not troll, no need for atc to be monitoring pilots, being part of IFATC has me made me understand you have to trust the Pilots. I actually like the vibe of hitting up unicom and announcing advisories, it provides a different feeling. For example, you wouldn’t need automated atc on a grass airstrip.

I think you’re talking about something else…

There’s a similar topic to what you’re discussing but for solo. When you reach TL2, feel free to make one and discuss there for Automated Unicom in Multiplayer.

Wow, didn’t see that, thanks man!

1 Like

It will be more costs for the Team, so it might not be something they will consider.

How is this different from the Expert Server and what would make someone use this?

5 Likes

the difference makes that Ifc linked is mandatory so the server will be more realistic. and people will use it bc it is gonna be more realistic then the expert server now is.

Everybody keeps saying this, but how will this make the server more realistic?

2 Likes

There it is it wouldn’t people may be on the IFC but that’s doesn’t mean that they are educated on how to have perfect operations within the game.

if the ifc isnt linked, you can cut in front without ever getting a msg on the ifc. so you’ll be more careful because when your ifc is linked. you’ll get a message earlier and maybe even a message to your va/vo your in.

This is what Violations are used for. If there’s active ATC, they’ll get reported, therefore lowering their grade at some point, or making them learn not to do that. There are some flaws in this, but for the most point, I think that our current Expert Server is “Expert” enough.

2 Likes

but when ATC isnt active it becomes a mess

These are the flaws I’m talking about. Look, it’s perfectly fine to make a feature request, but I’m just making a counter point. I do think this feature has some good points to it, some that could maybe be implemented into our current Expert Server in the future. However, for now, the cost and other factors make me think this should wait.

1 Like

And how is this server going to fix the issue? If anything, the ATC at airports are going to be lessened by this new server.

a new server wouldn’t change this as said, your best thing to do is ignore, see and avoid. If you have any problems contact a sup who can evaluate the situation but i’m in no means saying that they can report them.

Maybe instead change the requirements and add new requirements for the experts server. Bc yea your right the expert server doesn’t feel like the expert server. I was doing VHHH-EGLL ok the Boeing 777LR. I was I was over the Atlantic track America west 757 going out M.86 came up directly below me and then decided to climb to my attitude and when I tried to descend it they descended and they I tried to climb again and they climbed to. I was super annoyed. I tried descending one more time and they finally stayed at thier alt: so yea I hope expert can maybe just up the requirements: when o clicked on there name to see thier stats it’s seen that it was there first time on expert as they only had 102 landings

May be unrealistic but we never know their intentions in terms of speed, maybe they was trying to get to destination faster because of a tight schedule? The guy your talking about is fresh out of TS/ casual, they tend to mess about when they first join ES. Sorry about that experience, happens to the best of us