New Report User System on Expert Server

This is an idea for a new user reporting system on the Expert Server (could be modified for TS1/TS2). It would work by Pilot A is doing something he shouldn’t be doing. Sadly, he’s not in a controller’s airspace where they’d ghost him. Luckily, Pilot B sees him. Pilot B hits report and now a message pops up on an in-game mods screen that’s in the region. When they go to their menu, that plane would be flashing a certain color. Kind of like flags here on the forums, they could either dismiss it as an unescesay report, or ghost them. If no mods are in the region it would either:
A) Send a notification to an in-game mod’s device, whether its on IF or not
Or
B) Pop up on the nearest ATC’s screen for them to handle it
I think this could solve the problem of needing a better report system and getting rid of trolls on the Expert Server. Just like anything else, if the mods think it’s nessecery, they could take away someone’s ability to report, too. Another idea is that this feature is only avaliable to grades 4 & 5.

22 Likes

Well, that means that a mod or controller has to be in the region, which would defeat the purpose. You can ghost users with three other pilots. Even by flashing on a mod or ATC’s screen, they don’t know what is actually wrong, and typing it in could abuse the system. You also don’t know how accurate that statement is, even if it’s a troll menu like ATC Communication. Also, reaching Grade 4 and 5 doesn’t completely prove anything, expect for activity, to a level at least. Some of the Grade 4s don’t know how to really fly on Live properly. Maybe an exclusive Grade 6? Haha. Lastly, spamming it would annoy the nearest controller, especially since we’re assuming the person reporting is kept anonymous, and for a mod, they’re not flying to ghost people that misbehave. They can if needed, but they’re flying for pleasure. That would ruin their experience. Just my thoughts on it. Maybe you can build and improve on it to make it more practical. Good base idea though

5 Likes

;)

Maybe a limit to one report per five minutes?[quote=“Zachary_Meir_Tish, post:2, topic:67267”]
the person reporting is kept anonymous
[/quote]

I don’t think so. I think it would put accountability into it. If you have too many false reports, the function would be taken away from you.

3 Likes

Thanks! I appreciate the good criticism.

3 Likes

;)

Well, a majority of the IF Mods aren’t actually made (Making an assumption that a various few are beyond the reasons of just moderators) and they’re not doing this for a living. That might be annoying to them during any other time of their day to day lives. I would not want that if I was a mod. I would be annoying for them.

Not a bad solution to that one

I think if you report someone, I wouldn’t mind mods being able to see it, but if controllers know, not all can be trusted (Not saying anything negative of the IFATC, but you would never know, from a group of 250+ and growing. We’re humans. The wrong pilot is reported to the wrong controller, and it’s a chain of events. One thing leads to another, and stuff goes terribly wrong. It would be best to keep it anonymous, only to the extent of the system tracking your reports over time.
One more thing I didn’t mention was that seeing someone you don’t like, and reporting them falsely could be a big issue. Especially since, again, you don’t know who’s in the wrong, what’s actually happening, and what that accused pilot is actually doing, so it could be a revenge report or the reporting pilot didn’t completely understand the rules. There’s so many things that could go wrong. That’s really the big flaw in this

2 Likes

True. I think they (with thought & time) could be worked out, though.[quote=“Zachary_Meir_Tish, post:5, topic:67267”]
extent of the system tracking your reports over time.
[/quote]
I like that. Maybe it could keep track of how many times a user falsely reports someone.

Possibly make a setting to where they can turn it on/off about whether it alerts them. That way if they can’t do reports for a certain amount of time, they can turn the alerts off so they don’t get told about the reports. When they want to handle reports again, they can turn it back on. Another solution is for the reports to only go to FDS Staff.[quote=“Zachary_Meir_Tish, post:5, topic:67267”]
;)
[/quote]
;)

1 Like

;)

Honestly, I think input from mods would be necessary on that. FDS Staff is an even smaller group, that have even busier lives doing their part in IF and their own personal Live. If it had to be one or the other, it would probably be the mods. Especially if people knew that was going to FDS Staff[quote=“hmkane, post:6, topic:67267”]
True. I think they (with thought & time) could be worked out, though.
[/quote]
I would love to see that. That’s the biggest thing holding it back. It’s a statue, there’s just a major flaw it what’s keeping it together

1 Like

;)

Sounds fair. I guess the only people to decide how/if it would alert mods is the mods themselves.

2 Likes

I think that Grade 3 should not do that

1 Like

@R_Jordanian, I don’t understand… Mind rephrasing it?

2 Likes

I done that :)

1 Like

I would agree with that, but I don’t think he mentioned anything about Grade 3 pilots having that power anyways 🙂

1 Like

I mean that Grade 3 will not be able to Ghost unless 3 Pilots reported you

1 Like

Interesting idea.

See, this is the whole issue. For us (non mods) to ghost someone, they have to be in our airspace and on our frequency. The only exception is if they fail to respond to multiple guard messages. We have a very strict set of ghosting guidelines that we have to adhere to, and I think this would defeat the purpose of many of the rules. If someone is actually doing something very bad, 3 users can report to generate a user generated ghost.

1 Like

By modified you mean not added to TS1 and TS2 right? Because it would be severely abused.

1 Like

Maybe we could get a notification on IFATC slack so a contoller can come on?

Unnecessary.

If anything, it should be 5 reports and then gets sent to a mod.

Why? You can’t just say its unescecary, you have to say why.

MaxSez: Not again, the vigilantes are back! Everybody want to be in charge or a traffic cop. Some members want to be Mod’s so bad they’d kill their siblings to get a step up and rule. The FDS Staff, Controllers and Mod’s keep the program running smoothly under the present curcomstances. There’s always a 10% who need an ego pump, or a position of authority over the unruly masses,
See him or her around suppress them and their fascist idea’s, don’t feed the malcontents with comments ostracize them by your silence.

2 Likes