New *Real World Aviation* category

I just created a new Real World Aviation category where you can share your real life aviation experience.

I also created a Spotting subcategory for those of you who want to share your best spotting photos.

For the Spotting subcategory, make sure to create a topic per aircraft you spotted and add as many details about the shot as you can (airport, runway, aircraft detail). Also only pics you took yourself please (or that you have the right to post).

Anything else should go in the Real World Aviation category, at least until we feel the need for more subcategories.

3 Likes

This is great @philippe Thanks! A category like this has been needed for a long time now! :) ;)

1 Like

Ahhhhh, thank you so much! Lets redirect some topics there!

I wouldn’t recategorize previous topics though. Let’s treat this as a fresh start.

Okay… mixed thoughts

Probably, just making sure :)

Hey Guys @dush19 @Swang007 :)

I see what Sean is saying, the logical and best way to go is to treat it as a fresh start, but…
In this situation, on this forum, more organization couldn’t be a better thing! Plus, we already have lots of photos, posts,discussions and topics about things that could go into those category’s. Why let them “go to waste” it would give the category’s a running start!
What do you think?

As i said earlier, im in a dilemma ;)

1 Like

I recategorized the three massive threads with loads of Cool photos! Kind of felt like they should be seen! If Anyone thinks I was wrong in doing that then just say!
Thanks!

1 Like

It’s great but as long as it doesn’t take over Infinite Flight as main topic.😁

2 Likes

I agree! I’ve just noticed that there loads of new topics in it within a few hours of it being created! :) ;)

Hamm its jolly good for them. 2in1. Infinite Flight+Airliner.net

1 Like

You’re right there! :)

Probably won’t overtake IF. It’s a new thread so people are excited and people want to check it out and contribute to it. After a day, things will probably die down and IF will continue as usual.

My opinion though.

Long live the DC-9!

1 Like

I hear what you saying. Childs new toy 😄. Let’s hope so.

I’ll be a semi-regular in the RWA and Spotting categories. I can’t go spotting everyday after all (I wish :grin:) -Usually weekly or even monthly spotting trips depending on my schedule.

Long live the DC-9!

2 Likes

Do you manually add “Long live the DC-9!” to each of your post or is there a signature feature that I missed somewhere?
I don’t think signatures are good practice in forums, it only distract from the content of your post/comment and add more noise, especially for short posts.

3 Likes

My main signature is this:
:) ;)

1 Like

I’m sorry, I don’t see how this has furthered the conversation!
I’m just bored!

I manually add it. I’ll stop putting it in.

1 Like