New possible HUD for VFR practice?

Hello all, this is my first post, so sorry if I have done something wrong, such as bad topic or whatever.

My post today is about a new HUD which could possibly be added in a hotfix/patch, which is the same as HUD 1, but doesn’t have the circle with the little wings in the bottom, which shows your direction of movement.
I would like this to be added in the mean time, before working instruments come out, as this would allow the pilot to see the information they require, like attitude, speed and altitude quickly. I say this as the other day I was flying out of KSAN

1 Like

Do you mean the addition of the glide slope? The reason why it’s not added is because the devs said that the HUD will not be animated for now, it’s not a bug, in the future they will put animation to it.

Whoops, accidently posted it before it was ready.

I say this as the other day I was flying out of KSAN on a foggy day, and I was flying with no HUD, as I’m trying to practise my prediction of the planes movement, and found myself 90* vertically upwards, resulting in a stall and crash. I had no HUD, as I didn’t want the little circle. So, this whole post is about a new HUD, similar to HUD 1, but just with out the circle so people can improve their judgement of the aircrafts movement

That maybe it, because I forgot the name of it, thanks[quote=“CopaAirlines, post:2, topic:56543, full:true”]
Do you mean the addition of the glide slope? The reason why it’s not added is because the devs said that the HUD will not be animated for now, it’s not a bug, in the future they will put animation to it.
[/quote]

Well why are you flying without HUD? The HUD is absolutely essential in Infinite Flight.

2 Likes

That’s the thing, I’m an aspiring private pilot trying to get better judgement of the glideslope, and having a HUD with the glideslope reticle doesn’t help improve it.

2 Likes

Not at all. I fly usually in cockpit mode without the HUD… Like in a real plane you know ;)
I use the bottom bar to have the relevant info displayed at a glance

1 Like

I second what @Rapture_Actual is saying above - you’ll never get a good feel of a proper visual approach if you rely on the HUD at all times…

Yeah I do the same, but as I said flying out of KSAN, I didn’t have the artificial horizon, and four myself going into space in a 757

Well I would suggest to keep practicing - I don’t think an additional view is necessary :)

Yeah, I am going to keep flying, got a few hours on IF,but It gets a little crude in foggy conditions where you can’t tell your reference

If it’s really foggy then it’s a whole different story… If you don’t have VFR conditions then you need to use your instruments - or if your plane is equipped use the autopilot until you can fly the short final visually.

Anyway good luck, keep practicing it’s worth it :)

I think you’re talking about the flight path vector. Once you reach the trust level member, you will be able to make a proper feature request for them to make an HUD view without a flight path vector.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.